I give in.. to the 2020 KTM 300

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
For those that had the budget, the Lektron/SmartCarb option did sort out the issue though.
It did, not really what you want to do on a new bike. it should at a minimum run crisp from the dealer.

The 2020 is CRISP, does feel like it doesnt rev out (perceived) but its still flipping fast

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
For those that don't fiddle, there is always a solution. A person will ride a bike with no issues - until someone says he needs X Y Or Z.
Then all shit hits the fan

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I had no problems with mine, had it sorted in less than 15 riding hrs.

I hear and understand what most people said about them but its more likely too much money, no knowledge of how a carb works and or no patience.

Plenty people here got them running without issues

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Had my 2017 running properly after about 15 hours. I had more issues with the reeds then the actual carb... Still have the bike to this day and its running perfectly, without any issues...

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I fitted a JD jetting kit in mine and the guy who bought it off me has put over 300hrs on it since with no problems

What did you do about the reeds Adam?

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
I fitted a JD jetting kit in mine and the guy who bought it off me has put over 300hrs on it since with no problems

What did you do about the reeds Adam?
Its was only the reed petals, mine had a few tiny chips in them on the corners. Got them replaced by dealer and since then, bike been running well... I do have a V Force system sitting the garage, but havent put it on yet since these are still working... Once they rotten, ill replace with V Force.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
So 10h update..
This bike is flipping amazing! I havent touched the powervalve or springs, for me its prefect as it comes.
Very little hit, but still really strong direct power. Initially it felt almost as if it was restricted, because there really is no hit in the midrange like the older bikes. 10/10. My 250f will be for sale soon.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
So 10h update..
This bike is flipping amazing! I havent touched the powervalve or springs, for me its prefect as it comes.
Very little hit, but still really strong direct power. Initially it felt almost as if it was restricted, because there really is no hit in the midrange like the older bikes. 10/10. My 250f will be for sale soon.
...and that's the only thing I miss. I love my 2020 but I still sorely miss my 2016.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Cones this month, ask him again next month
Or Tman will have a "KAK" set of ohlins for sale in a few weeks, which he bought for a bargain, instead of buying the right ones for his riding terrain and weight...

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
2015/16 I had my home built KYB inserts and a set of WP CC forks.
17 I started building ad sold everything.
Last year Jan bought a set of Ohlins which are on my 4t still, and got a really good deal on some new comes a few months ago which are now on the 300.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
I am looking for a shock if you wanna part away, preferable not your standard shock.
I put heavy springs, front and back, in my new 2020 (bought in March). I have the stock springs available.....

If you're looking for a complete shock, I think I still have a 2016 complete shock available.