Ideas for a Transkei tour

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Howzit guys,

A group of us (all of whom missed M2P registration:icon_mad:) are thinking of making a trip to the Transkei instead. I have been tasked with coming up with some ideas - clearly they're all idiots asking me, as I don't have the first idea:icon_redface:

Any advice in terms of accommodation, routes, do's and dont's etc would be appreciated. Ideally we'd like to take the families with us - not to ride but to cook and clean:thumbs up:

There will be a mix of abilities in the group.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Craig

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yip, it would be on the same weekend as M2P.

Cheers

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yip, it would be on the same weekend as M2P.

Cheers
the cape town okes normally have a annual trip the same time as matat2pont , saw it on the ktm fanatics page where BULL was banned from for being polite . try that

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Well then Blankie's suggestion of going with an Alfie tour are out. How many people are you?
A small group, 5 -7 riders.

- - - Updated - - -

the cape town okes normally have a annual trip the same time as matat2pont , saw it on the ktm fanatics page where BULL was banned from for being polite . try that
Thanks Dean, I'll have a look.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Mike Glover runs tours in the area.
Thanks Mark, I'll make contact with Mike although we're looking for something probably a little less structured(if I understand what Red Cherry offers correctly).

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Riding in the Transkei is similar to riding in Lesotho, if you don't know the area you are going to battle a lot. If you stay at either Hole in the wall or Coffee Bay area, there is great riding from there and the woman can stay at the resort whilst you ride.
The only thing is that not too many people have GPS routes to share, and to know where to cross rivers etc is difficult. To just go and ride you could probably do it, but I doubt whether you will get to see the proper area.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Riding in the Transkei is similar to riding in Lesotho, if you don't know the area you are going to battle a lot. If you stay at either Hole in the wall or Coffee Bay area, there is great riding from there and the woman can stay at the resort whilst you ride.
The only thing is that not too many people have GPS routes to share, and to know where to cross rivers etc is difficult. To just go and ride you could probably do it, but I doubt whether you will get to see the proper area.
Got you :thumbs up: Just the kind of info that I was hoping for though. I'll still have a chat to Mike - maybe even get a few GPS routes. Thanks Naughty Ian:thumbs up: