Im taking the leap

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
I went from HD tubes to tubliss and feel a difference in handling, i pinched the inner changing a tyre the night before a race and had to go back to HD tubes for the race, and this was when i did notice the difference.

Now the difference is in grip running lower pressures (.9 front and .5 rear in rocks, here in NZ mud i run .8F and about .3R)

The sharp edge of the tape takes a while to rub through the inner. With tubliss the inner is your most important item (reason to change it every year) if it goes its the end of the ride for you, unlike a tyre cut that you cannot plug where you will normally ride until someone tells you you have a puncture

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
OZ did you honestly leave the plastic rim tape in and then simply tape over it with the Red Nu Tech tape- Please say it a'int so :icon_question:

Those tubliss are really not that hard to install, time consuming Yes but not that difficult. Lots of Wynns dash spray to make it all nice and slippery is the answer.

Last edited:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I went from HD tubes to tubliss and feel a difference in handling, i pinched the inner changing a tyre the night before a race and had to go back to HD tubes for the race, and this was when i did notice the difference.

Now the difference is in grip running lower pressures (.9 front and .5 rear in rocks, here in NZ mud i run .8F and about .3R)

The sharp edge of the tape takes a while to rub through the inner. With tubliss the inner is your most important item (reason to change it every year) if it goes its the end of the ride for you, unlike a tyre cut that you cannot plug where you will normally ride until someone tells you you have a puncture
Got it :)

- - - Updated - - -

OZ did you honestly leave the plastic rim tape in and then simply tape over it with the Red Nu Tech tape- Please say it a'int so :icon_question:

Those tubliss are really not that hard to install, time consuming Yes but not that difficult. Lots of Wynns dash spray to make it all nice and slippery is the answer.
Yep, combination of watching the instructions etc while working and and and. But so we learn.

Kronos

Forum Member
Reaction score
hope it works for you OZ,

my GasGas had 1st gen tubliss on the front, was great and never had issues, riding Dewildt on a regular basis was an issue with thorns, even with slime, after 3 rides of 90km on a flat front wheel I went back to mousses

I really liked the feel of the tubliss even with a punture on the tyre side and slime it was quick reinflate with hand pump and back at it, but the innner on the 1st gen moved alot and leaked,

My last 2 cents, carry a spare tube in the filter housing, or in your bag, you will thank me some day :)

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
90% of my riding is DW, I dont even swerve or try to avoid the thorns. The ones that actually do make it into the rubber break of and act as a plug on it own. If I recall correct I used one plug at DW last year. Before then cant recall, but it was the rear and it cut on a rock due to running low pressure.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
hope it works for you OZ,

my GasGas had 1st gen tubliss on the front, was great and never had issues, riding Dewildt on a regular basis was an issue with thorns, even with slime, after 3 rides of 90km on a flat front wheel I went back to mousses

I really liked the feel of the tubliss even with a punture on the tyre side and slime it was quick reinflate with hand pump and back at it, but the innner on the 1st gen moved alot and leaked,

My last 2 cents, carry a spare tube in the filter housing, or in your bag, you will thank me some day :)
You mean a full on tube or inner for the tubliss? Im assuming either will be a bitch to fit in the bush.

- - - Updated - - -

90% of my riding is DW, I dont even swerve or try to avoid the thorns. The ones that actually do make it into the rubber break of and act as a plug on it own. If I recall correct I used one plug at DW last year. Before then cant recall, but it was the rear and it cut on a rock due to running low pressure.
:thumbs up:

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
This was a painful read... It was painful as the system is so simple and it works. I have tried training at dealerships but then that tyre guy moves on and you need to re-train. The thing is its not rocket science and there are step by step instructions, so its frustrating to hear dealers bad mouthing the product. I love the feel of Tubliss especially on the front and run my C-27 90/100-21 as low as 0.6 bar on the front.
Fantastic product and the only reason its not the most popular product fitted to bikes is incorrect fitment! IMHO 90% of "weekend warriors" should be on Tubliss and not tubes. I understand that Mousses are safer in competitive racing but there is no reason people should still be riding tubes....ps I make more money selling tubes :icon_rolleyes:

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
Don’t lie, you make more money out of Oz’s(people who don’t listen to instructions) and ruin their tubliss so have to replace it in the first day 😂

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
KTMjedi - Do you guys have the "Gen2" Nitro mousses yet?
Are they a game breaker compared to current Nitro's?

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
KTMjedi - Do you guys have the "Gen2" Nitro mousses yet?
Are they a game breaker compared to current Nitro's?
Yes we have stock and they really are a game changer. Essentially is about feel and life which has improved!

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
This was a painful read... It was painful as the system is so simple and it works. I have tried training at dealerships but then that tyre guy moves on and you need to re-train. The thing is its not rocket science and there are step by step instructions, so its frustrating to hear dealers bad mouthing the product. I love the feel of Tubliss especially on the front and run my C-27 90/100-21 as low as 0.6 bar on the front.
Fantastic product and the only reason its not the most popular product fitted to bikes is incorrect fitment! IMHO 90% of "weekend warriors" should be on Tubliss and not tubes. I understand that Mousses are safer in competitive racing but there is no reason people should still be riding tubes....ps I make more money selling tubes :icon_rolleyes:
Completely agree, the failure issues are down to lack of knowledge. In my case all ended well.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t lie, you make more money out of Oz’s(people who don’t listen to instructions) and ruin their tubliss so have to replace it in the first day ��
Didn't require any replacements hey.