Impi Hard Enduro 27-29 June

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Bush Wacker

Any experience with the WP CC Bladder fork?
yeah, I have a few sets over the years (sold when I bought a 2015 WR and again when I built my house) Very sensitive to setup, clickers dont do too much IMO, and need to be serviced regularly to avoid harshness.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Which one of his 3 sets?

The stock valved one with 4.4n, the one with 4.2n on his factory Sherco 4T, or the set he butchered to turn into KYB's?

or my xplor tubes with ttx cartridges :icon_lol:

The 4.4n CC set dont have stock valving..

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
yeah, I have a few sets over the years (sold when I bought a 2015 WR and again when I built my house) Very sensitive to setup, clickers dont do too much IMO, and need to be serviced regularly to avoid harshness.
or my xplor tubes with ttx cartridges :icon_lol:

The 4.4n CC set dont have stock valving..
Which one of his 3 sets?

The stock valved one with 4.4n, the one with 4.2n on his factory Sherco 4T, or the set he butchered to turn into KYB's?
So much info and experience just waiting to get tapped into :icon_eek:

I almost went the TTX route on my xlors but would have cost the same as a full set of CC forks. Any comments on those?

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score

I almost went the TTX route on my xlors but would have cost the same as a full set of CC forks. Any comments on those?
Well, from CC, to AER48, to OHLINS, so CC must be shit and KYB next? Cos cones are also naai . . . .
Posted from Wackers Phone . . .

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score

I can harp on for ever, for me biggest positive with the ohlins is no harshness at all, like my hands dont even get stiff after a regional XC. With a good setup you can get all of the CC type fork units to work very well.
I would just say the biggest benefit of the ohlins is no harsh hits to the hands or wrists (and my wrists are useless) the clickers on the ohlins also make a pretty big difference, big enough to do a few clicks and send it on the mx track, where I never felt the clickers on the wp units did much...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, from CC, to AER48, to OHLINS, so CC must be shit and KYB next? Cos cones are also naai . . . .
Posted from Wackers Phone . . .
They are all lekker, I still have all of my babies in the garage safe. because I can.

Pom17

Reaction score
I can harp on for ever, for me biggest positive with the ohlins is no harshness at all, like my hands dont even get stiff after a regional XC. With a good setup you can get all of the CC type fork units to work very well.
I would just say the biggest benefit of the ohlins is no harsh hits to the hands or wrists (and my wrists are useless) the clickers on the ohlins also make a pretty big difference, big enough to do a few clicks and send it on the mx track, where I never felt the clickers on the wp units did much...

- - - Updated - - -

They are all lekker, I still have all of my babies in the garage safe. because I can.
Heard similar feedback from TBR regarding the harshness

One very lucky man :thumbs up: I hopefully have years of riding ahead of me to also start hoarding fancy suspension setups.
Still have the Xplors at home, so might on day dump something in there.

Left wrist is a mess, normal riding is fine, but mid way through a 3h enduro I am fighting pain to the end. Not to mention 3 day enduro events.

Have you gone the Cone Valve route?

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Heard similar feedback from TBR regarding the harshness

One very lucky man :thumbs up: I hopefully have years of riding ahead of me to also start hoarding fancy suspension setups.
Still have the Xplors at home, so might on day dump something in there.

Left wrist is a mess, normal riding is fine, but mid way through a 3h enduro I am fighting pain to the end. Not to mention 3 day enduro events.

Have you gone the Cone Valve route?
I haven't.
The only cones worth buying are the new ones with big pistons, but you will pay 30k for an "ok" condition used set.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Pom17 how did it go?

Also, does anyone have news on Calvin Hume's injury? From what I've seen on social media it is fairly serious..?

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Can someone please clear this up: Looking at the Bronze results, the 1st rider completed it in 4.07 hrs while the last rider rode 15:55 hrs. Are these times for all 3 days including the TT.?? Surely there cannot be such a huge difference in times and if so the Top bronze riders should be ashamed of them selves as they clearly are not bronze riders.

So if the top bronze rider only for 4 Hrs , that means they only rode 1.3 Hrs a day- Whats the point.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Can someone please clear this up: Looking at the Bronze results, the 1st rider completed it in 4.07 hrs while the last rider rode 15:55 hrs. Are these times for all 3 days including the TT.?? Surely there cannot be such a huge difference in times and if so the Top bronze riders should be ashamed of them selves as they clearly are not bronze riders.

So if the top bronze rider only for 4 Hrs , that means they only rode 1.3 Hrs a day- Whats the point.
The results are pretty confusing.

From what I understand, TT isn't included (results) for IMPI riders, but is included for national/regional riders.
Whether those are included on the results on the IMPI website I have no idea.

Also one thing to keep in mind which is also pretty strange is that national and regional riders, based off what class they rode in (national high school etc.), must only do a certain level (bronze/silver/gold).
I found this out from Heinrich (he came 1st in Silver), he said he really wanted to do gold, but as he competed as a national rider he was only allowed to compete in silver.
I'm sure this will answer your question as to why one guy did the route so much faster than the last guy - as they're really different leagues of riders.

Pom17

Reaction score
Pom17 how did it go?

Also, does anyone have news on Calvin Hume's injury? From what I've seen on social media it is fairly serious..?
Saw him lying on the ground with medics around. Looked very serious, apparently in ICU with bleeding on the brain.
Heard he tried to pass William in the dust and hit a wire from a telephone pole. All of the above is only things I heard at prize giving, so nothing confirmed yet.

From what I understand, TT isn't included (results) for IMPI riders, but is included for national/regional riders.

Also one thing to keep in mind which is also pretty strange is that national and regional riders, based off what class they rode in (national high school etc.), must only do a certain level (bronze/silver/gold).
I found this out from Heinrich (he came 1st in Silver), he said he really wanted to do gold, but as he competed as a national rider he was only allowed to compete in silver.
I'm sure this will answer your question as to why one guy did the route so much faster than the last guy - as they're really different leagues of riders.
Also the way I understand it

Pom17

Reaction score
Some info on the race.

TT:
I fucked up the time trial. I somehow ended at the finish line only 10km after starting.
Asked the people doing live timing if I can restart. They said no.
So off I went, doing a 40km TT instead of 30km.

When I came back I heard I was just the first of a bunch of people and that they let the rest restart.
Organisers did eventually cut some time of my lap.

Anyway, I have a clutch dragging issue, so on TT I was looking down at the GPS trying to figure out where to go.
Navigation was tricky. Bike stalled and I tipped over. I put a hand out and felt a sharp pain in my wrist. Completed TT but was in a lot of pain.
Went to Dr on Sunday. Apparently a tore ligament on the outside of right hand, the one holding one of the small bones to the wrist. Going for a 2nd opinion and more scans this week.

Day 1:
I started in an ok spot with the corrected time, row 9 I think, so around 90th. But just could not hold onto the bike. Especially on downhills.
Was riding like a chop so pulled out after Bronze.
Came in 160th after day 1

Day 2:
Started in row 16, 10 in a row.
Had 2 horrible bottlenecks in bronze, but rest of the day was fine.
Finished gold in 25th but only got a bronze finish. So will just have to go back next year.

Tracks:
TT
Was quite in your face for a TT, around 29km in total. Took me 1h50min, but there were a few who finished late at night.
Overtaking was difficult on the passes. Bikes lying everywhere. New bike scratched to shit trying to make new lines through the bush.
Navigation was tricky, we went too early so had little lines to follow.

Day 1
Navigation was a bit easier but still fucked up plenty. Only did Bronze so loop was easy and if I was not struggling with the pain I would actually have enjoyed it.
Think it was a good bronze track.

Day 2
Started so far back that navigation was no issue. Just a few bottlenecks. We did most of the day 1 bronze in reverse.
Once again I think Bronze was a good bronze track.
Silver had so many gravel and easy single track that I thought it was a bit too easy. Only one big pass before silver refuel that actually went quick.
Gold was only something like 19km but was up and down the entire time.
Nothing where I had to move my bike, so all rideable and actually loved it.
Do think that it will most probably be too easy for the top riders cause I finished day 2 in only 5hrs

Note:
Lots of people cheating in this event.
Cutting corners short, riding next to rivers when the line is clearly in the river.
They had sneaky checkpoints, but impossible to monitor everyone. Just sad actually

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw Pom17 set off.
Bike looks hot :thumbs up:
Thanks
Should have said hi chop :icon_lol:

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Should have said hi chop :icon_lol:
:icon_lol: You just pulled off for TT.
Race face and all!

I think TT was a perfect TT, as that first climb we did really set everyone apart.
But I do agree, was quite hard to navigate as they have so many trails there.

The routes were really cool, I enjoyed them (barring the roads).
Rather than making the routes more technical from bronze>silver>gold, they just did more distance.

The Eshowe community is leaps and bounds better than the community the event was held at last year.
Friendly and helpful.

Last year was much harder than this year.
But will definitely be back next year :thumbs up:

whyme

Forum Member
Reaction score
Saw him lying on the ground with medics around. Looked very serious, apparently in ICU with bleeding on the brain.
Heard he tried to pass William in the dust and hit a wire from a telephone pole. All of the above is only things I heard at prize giving, so nothing confirmed yet.

Also the way I understand it
We were stopped from racing at point where he hit the cable. Until he was air lifted.

The guy who was there said helmet was unrecognizable. The bike was no where near scene of accident landed meters away from where he hit the cable. It was a very fast section climbing slightly up hill.

IMPI June 2019
I do believe they made it very easy this year to as a lot of riders was bitching and moaning last year. I can only imagine how difficult it is as an organizer must be to please enduro riders.

Anyways I love riding tech, but I still enjoyed this one even though it was mostly flowing fast stuff.

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score

Thanks, so basically a true Bronze rider will never do well in bronze as he will always be pushed down by silver or gold riders who feel they dont wont to continue once they have completed the bronze loop. A very strange and confusing set up.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, so basically a true Bronze rider will never do well in bronze as he will always be pushed down by silver or gold riders who feel they dont wont to continue once they have completed the bronze loop. A very strange and confusing set up.
Well that can happen in any race.
A winning Pro Elite rider can enter Club and win.

It is a strange setup, but is much better than most other races.
Yes you get people who are capable of doing gold but only do bronze, but the major benefit (IMO) is that I can enter bronze (although what you enter doesn't matter), you can pitch and if you feel good after bronze you can do silver, and if you feel good after silver you can do gold. So you can determine your moneys worth, and not be limited to what you entered beforehand.