Is it necessary to replace your helmet every 5 years

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I chuck my inners in a helmet bag. I also chuck my goggles in there too (without the lens - yes my mate didn't take the lens off and farked it up good and proper in the washing machine) after every ride. If I'm going on a multi day ride I use helmet refresher spray which is an anti bacterial foam cleaner and deodorizer

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I chuck my inners in a helmet bag. I also chuck my goggles in there too (without the lens - yes my mate didn't take the lens off and farked it up good and proper in the washing machine) after every ride. If I'm going on a multi day ride I use helmet refresher spray which is an anti bacterial foam cleaner and deodorizer
Very metro bru.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I remove inners after every ride and place them in the washing machine with all my kit and goggles with the lens, If I go to a multi day event I man the fuck up and wear the helmet 2-3 days in a row.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
if you spray motorex helmet care in a helmet and then leave it in front of a good strong fan overnight you can have a fresh smelling dry lid the next morning, or just htfu...

louisvantonder

I r the winner!
Reaction score
I gooi my goggles and inside helmet padding into my silk helmet bag that the helmet came with. That way everything is a bit protected, and the helmet bag stays clean as well!

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I, by no means, have any intention of trying to sound arrogant with this comment, but I have been riding dirt bikes, as a lot of you know, for 38 years - my dad taught me how to ride in 1979 and I bought my first proper scrambler, a second hand 1977 Yamaha IT 175, in 1980. With this amount of time playing this game under one's belt, it stands to reason that there is very little in the way of tips & tricks that one can learn anymore - I've pretty much tried everything and I am far more useful in giving advice than I am at taking it - within reason. Very often a tip or trick will come along that sounds good but you have your tried-and-tested way and nothing will sway you. But every now and then, something comes along that sounds like it's worth a shot. Dean_E232, my folks always had a washing machine. I have always had one since I moved into my own home many, many years ago.

I can't believe it took me this long to give this a shot.

Duh-uh!! Facepalm! Facepalm! Facepalm!

Fuck friendly head chemicals. My inners are spotless and fresh and soft.

Brilliant!!!!
Glad i could contribute something positive on this forum for a change

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I like to have my helmet polished.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
So are the other 2000 users of this Forum.
2000? Imfuckingpossible! We haven't had a 2000 member braai yet and 275GP wiuld never allow that to happen.