Is this too close? Bent header

OrangeBoy

Forum Member
Reaction score
Evening gents,
i noticed some oil coming out of the exhaust port where the header and o-rings are. Needless to say I embarked on a diy fix...I seemed to have sorted the splurge problem from the header, but think it's now a bit close to the radiator... I think??input please, is it too close, can I cook the engine??😳
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents👍🏻

fubar

Forum Member
Reaction score
It is fine, you will not do any damage to the engine.

OrangeBoy

Forum Member
Reaction score
shabsta, I saw that, you lucky you got a spare[emoji12]! If you ever want to part with your OEM let me know[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeBoy

Forum Member
Reaction score
fubar, thanks for the advice [emoji6][emoji106]🏻

OrangeBoy

Forum Member
Reaction score
Naughty Ian, love 2t too much. Seen a lot of guys lately moving back to 2ts...[emoji12]

shabsta

F800GS ALL THE WAY
Staff member
Reaction score
Evening gents,
i noticed some oil coming out of the exhaust port where the header and o-rings are. Needless to say I embarked on a diy fix...I seemed to have sorted the splurge problem from the header, but think it's now a bit close to the radiator... I think??input please, is it too close, can I cook the engine??
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents

Im pretty sure the additional heat will have an adverse affect and increase temps inside that radiator. I would suggest giving Vinny a call to see how long it would take him to fix. If you havent come right by the new year then let me know. If I have had my header fixed by then, then you are more than welcome to lend my oem header.

Naturally - if you break its yours and you replace.

OrangeBoy

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've managed to bend the pipe down a bit before my ride tomorrow. Thanks for the offer shabsta you're a gentleman [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻 will take it to vining in the new year, he's from endurotec??
Thanks for the link @ swazi_matt[emoji6][emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

shabsta

F800GS ALL THE WAY
Staff member
Reaction score
I've managed to bend the pipe down a bit before my ride tomorrow. Thanks for the offer @shabsta you're a gentleman [emoji106][emoji106] will take it to vining in the new year, he's from endurotec??
Thanks for the link @ swazi_matt[emoji6][emoji106][emoji106]

Yeah Vincent from EnduroTec