Jarvis switches to a four stroke

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looks like the almighty one is riding the 250FE this year. He just won the Valleys Extreme race on it.

Interesting development that will surely change a lot of people’s thinking about this often debated topic.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
He's choosing bikes this year. Some events 4T, some events 2T. Webb has put a TPI on pole for the Revlimiter extreme enduro this weekend and Trav put one on the podium at the ROA so they can't be terrible

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what to believe anymore, a guy who was a mechanic at the Roof last year told me Travis was on a carburetor not tpi

kyleschoeman

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looks like the almighty one is riding the 250FE this year. He just won the Valleys Extreme race on it.

Interesting development that will surely change a lot of people’s thinking about this often debated topic.
Valleys extreme was last week. This week was Tong... Think it's called Eddy's Extreme

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I know of one local rider who pulled the TPI off his sons 250 and replaced it with a carb.

Last edited:

kyleschoeman

Forum Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong.... But as far as I know the 150 isn't available in Tpi yet

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I could be wrong.... But as far as I know the 150 isn't available in Tpi yet

I stand corrected. He will be easy to recognize at the races, his KTM also has KYB suspension.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Jarvis has been switching between 2 and 4 stroke for the last couple of years!

kyleschoeman

Forum Member
Reaction score
I know of one local rider who pulled the TPI off his sons 250 and replaced it with a carb.
I see now you edited the 150 to 250. Everyone I know that has Tpi has so far only had positive feedback.... Only time will tell. Apparently the 300 Tpi has so much power its like riding a YZ250[emoji12]

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
I don’t know what to believe anymore, a guy who was a mechanic at the Roof last year told me Travis was on a carburetor not tpi
A mate of mine bought Travis's bike, believe me it has TPI. He can't be too good a mechanic if he doesn't know the difference between a carb and a TPI :33:

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
he won 2013 roof on a 4t if I recall correctly, so what is news?

Super_mil

Forum Member
Reaction score
The top 3 at this weekend Fast Eddy's extreme (Jarvis, Bolton & Bolt) were all on 4T bikes.

CycleC

Forum Member
Reaction score
That 4T must be a real POS - In the pissing rain and thick mud Jarvis wins the British Extreme at Tong by over 6 minutes - When will people realize its never about the bike.

Bull love your humor - you better hope old andy doesn't see that his spleen will drop. :icon_lol:

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
All the KTM South Africa riders using 2T`s were on TPI`s apart from Kirsten she rode a Freeride. The only reason why they never raced them earlier is because KTM never had stock of the bikes available for them. The first bikes in SA were all six day version. Stock of the standard version TPI only arrived in December, Travis, and Scott actually raced the bikes they used at Romaniacs that arrived in November.

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
I doubt we will see him on a two stroke this year ... but let's wait and see

I predict sales of 250's will sky rocket and 300's take a dip ... you can quote me on that
Naughty Ian ... he can't be a bad mechanic if his riders have won championships over not one but many years

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
I doubt we will see him on a two stroke this year ... but let's wait and see

I predict sales of 250's will sky rocket and 300's take a dip ... you can quote me on that
Naughty Ian ... he can't be a bad mechanic if his riders have won championships over not one but many years[/QUOTE]
Maybe he had dark glasses on on the sun was shining at the wrong angle that he couldn't make out the difference. We all human and can all make mistakes :icon_lol:, excepting BULL, he's not human and makes lots of mistakes