Knee braces Cape Town

Dope

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have been 'advised' that I need to get some knee braces, now, does anyone know where in Cape Town, or Western Cape for that matter, I can go try some on?

I have a few in mind that I would like to try, but cant seem to find them locally.

Thanks for any info.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
KTM Ct have the PODS

Dirt Rider has the Leatt X-frames (R6500) - usually give you 10% discount for cash and the C-frames

Helderberg yamaha have the A-stars ones and the Asterix I think

Cayenne also has the pods I think. Not sure what else they stock.

Destroyer

Forum Member
Reaction score
When I got my Asterisk braces, my dimensions were taken by the dealer (width at the knee and some other dimension) to ensure a comfortable fit)..

Apparently they then put together the correct braces for you.

pat218

Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of leatt X frame. Look very nice and well built. Unfortunately I can't use them for a while as I am going for a knee op on tuesday :(

Dope

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to report back, I ended up getting the Asterisk Cell braces, the ones with the velcro straps, as I heard some people have issues with the Ultra's mechanism.

So the braces are amazing, fit great and seem to do a good job, my only gripe is that the flaps over the patella seem to sometimes unalign itself and then get jammed, easy fix, just bend the knee and shake your leg. Initially had an issue where some of the rivets were loose, think this was from the factory, but Pieter from PSS quickly got it sorted for me.

So overall impressed, just the one small issue.