Knocking feeling in suspension

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Hi All, on my 13 ktm 350 I'm experiencing a "knocking" feeling through the bars on the bumpier stuff. Headstock and swingarm feels solid, I can't replicate the issue when not riding.... Am I being paranoid? Any ideas?

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
If you dont know the history of the forks, which you dont, get them serviced.
I think I'm gonna take it in and get the whole setup done right.... Rather spend the bucks.....

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi All, on my 13 ktm 350 I'm experiencing a "knocking" feeling through the bars on the bumpier stuff. Headstock and swingarm feels solid, I can't replicate the issue when not riding.... Am I being paranoid? Any ideas?
Badly worn Bearing(s) somewhere... just a guess

A

armpump

Due to a supplier production fault, it is now necessary to check the torque setting of a nut between the fork’s piston rod and screw cap, within the 4CS fork chamber. This check can be carried out by authorised KTM and Husqvarna dealers only.

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Ya gonna fork out, I'm struggling with the handling somethings not right

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
could you be bottoming out ?

I find on the slower tech stuff my 350 is the bomb but on the faster stuff she tends to (occasionally) bottom on the front when on breaking bumps. I`m running stock springs front and rear and weigh in at 95kgs kitted so I know im too pudgy for the stock set up, but no spare cash to donate to Mr Hayward just yet.

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
No, the noise is when the forks extend, not compress

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Taking it to Blue note suspension tonight to sort out alles

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Taking it to Blue note suspension tonight to sort out alles
Eish!" :/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Has it been doing that since day one? I would open manual and set all clickers to comfort, might be good idea to write down what they are before you set everything all at once! And then give it one more bash!

SouL

Forum Member
Reaction score
Have you checked for any play in the steering....Could be that your steering head bearings are kaput

bigpete

Forum Member
Reaction score
No, the noise is when the forks extend, not compress
The top cap has not been screwed on properly if you take the front wheel off you will see that one of you fork stancion tubes will come right out.