KTM / Husqvarna TPI Power Kit

Mario@FPD

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So we've started bring in these TSP power kits for the TPI guys...

If you do not know who TSP is or what they do, please check here: https://twostrokeperformance.com.au/ or https://www.facebook.com/pg/TwoStrokePerformance/videos/?ref=page_internal

150i Kit will sell for around R9600 Inc.
250-300i Kit will sell for around R12500 Inc.

It's not just about a stronger and smoother ride but reliability too, one specific mod with the new map is increasing the oil pump duty cycle for the 1st 10 seconds after start to help with cold seizures and seizures caused by a lack of lubrication at startup.:cool2:

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Nice Mario! Had something similar on my 2019 TPI. Made a moer of a difference in the mid and low range.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
So @The Bob, what you saying is the okes in white coats fucked up the TPI badly, in SA of course, cause the rest of the worlds bikes handle just fine.
A Toyota 2.8 GDRG*$KMYYFTS needs a Gazoo Racing sticker kit, R180K of suspension lift, R200K of bumper and towbar accesories and will come 4th in the Dakar?

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Actually no Ian, he is not saying that....
What I am getting at is it's a company selling aftermarket parts, they all there to make money, for something that is not required for anything to work better.
You buy a brand new bakkie, someone makes aftermarket performance enhancing chips for it and you install one and convince yourself that it is good because you've just dropped R5K on it. If they needed all those things, the original manufacturer would install them.
I've done it my self, superchargers on a KB320, peddle boosters on MB's, chips on Hilux's etc

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
What I am getting at is it's a company selling aftermarket parts, they all there to make money, for something that is not required for anything to work better.
You buy a brand new bakkie, someone makes aftermarket performance enhancing chips for it and you install one and convince yourself that it is good because you've just dropped R5K on it. If they needed all those things, the original manufacturer would install them.
I've done it my self, superchargers on a KB320, peddle boosters on MB's, chips on Hilux's etc
Do you really believe that those men in white coats are perfect, and do everyrhing to perfection and never make mistakes?

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I think it's more about about production cost for what the market (average Joe) is willing to pay! Most pro riders have factory suspension plus many other mods, from the same men in white coats, but their bikes are double the value of what we buy as Race Ready machines.

Mario@FPD

Forum Member
Reaction score
It's the age old debate...

Will it make your bike better - YES
Will you enjoy your bike more - YES
Do you really need it - NO

Some are happy with their TPi's, other not. If everyone was happy then why are they selling their Fi bikes to go back to a carby bike? :33:

Mario@FPD

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice Mario! Had something similar on my 2019 TPI. Made a moer of a difference in the mid and low range.
Thanks! Yes the GET ECU/JD Jetting ECU and S3 head conversion is similar, but they fix some issues and creates other new issues, where as this kit is only positives :thumbs up:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Do you really believe that those men in white coats are perfect, and do everyrhing to perfection and never make mistakes?
Nope, they are not perfect, but if you take the amount of bikes they put out, not only them, but Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki - they are pretty near perfect.
I am not saying it's a shit product or running it down at all, I'm just saying it's an aftermarket gimmick that 99% of bikes sold won't have it installed.
It's like Steve's Auto Clinic - they install extras that aren't really needed

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
It's the age old debate...

Will it make your bike better - YES
Will you enjoy your bike more - YES
Do you really need it - NO

Some are happy with their TPi's, other not. If everyone was happy then why are they selling their Fi bikes to go back to a carby bike? :33:
Lifes about choices, that's why. Why don't I ride a 2T - cause I think they shit. Why does BULL not ride a 4T, because he's an idiot :icon_lol:

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Exactly, life is about choices. If I choose to fit this to my bike to improve aspects of it I am not happy with whose business is it of anyone? Exactly, no one's business but my own. Hopefully Mario does well with this and makes the guys who spend the money very happy.

As an example my 2019 250 TPI was a great bike out the box, but the suspension was shit in stock form and the motor lacks torque, so I spent my money to make it better for me. I also spent some money getting my MTB fork revalved to work better for me. My times on several trails have improved significantly as has my feeling on the bike. I'll also get the shock revalved. Do I care what anyone thinks? Not a fuck

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Exactly, life is about choices. If I choose to fit this to my bike to improve aspects of it I am not happy with whose business is it of anyone? Exactly, no one's business but my own. Hopefully Mario does well with this and makes the guys who spend the money very happy.

As an example my 2019 250 TPI was a great bike out the box, but the suspension was shit in stock form and the motor lacks torque, so I spent my money to make it better for me. I also spent some money getting my MTB fork revalved to work better for me. My times on several trails have improved significantly as has my feeling on the bike. I'll also get the shock revalved. Do I care what anyone thinks? Not a fuck
Naughty Ian.:33:

booth

toll
Reaction score
I think it's more about about production cost for what the market (average Joe) is willing to pay! Most pro riders have factory suspension plus many other mods, from the same men in white coats, but their bikes are double the value of what we buy as Race Ready machines.
Imagine you had to enter all races with a completely stock bike, barring springs for weight or jetting bike correctly, same pro's would still win, but could make things interesting?

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
Amazing that he thought your suspension was great even though you are double his height (slightly wider) so should’ve been far to stiff for him. That Yamaha suspension must be really really shit, or maybe it’s just the 20 year old frame and engine that make it shit :icon_e_geek:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Amazing that he thought your suspension was great even though you are double his height (slightly wider) so should’ve been far to stiff for him. That Yamaha suspension must be really really shit, or maybe it’s just the 20 year old frame and engine that make it shit :icon_e_geek:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: