Lesotho Tour 23 - 25 Feb 2018

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
From the 23rd to the 25th of Feb 2018 a bunch of us will be heading out to Lesotho again for an incredible weekend of riding in the best possible place on earth to do it.

If there is enough interest we can run both a Social and an Intermediate tour but for now it will be focused on Intermediate skill level.

What does that mean for Intermediates?

You will ride for two full 6 - 10 hour +/- 100 km days on some current and past Roof of Africa routes. You will need to be fit enough and your bike will need to be well enough maintained for that. Routes will be provided for a Sunday ride but it will not be guided. It will be at your own risk / leisure.

Venue: Molengoane Lodge

Cost R 1800.00 pp. Includes Accommodation, Dinner Friday and Saturday, Breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Routes, Guides and Fuel Dropping.

Logistics:

You'll need to take leave on the 23rd of February to make the start time for Fridays ride. We need enough time to get down to Lesotho, Fill Jerry Cans etc and get to the Lodge in time to ride the Friday route. If you don't want to ride Friday you can come on your own later in the day. No late starts, if you aren't there on time you dont ride, we aren't waiting, the ride starts at 08:00am

Documentation:

Please make sure that you have your Vehicle and Trailer papers with you as well an in date License Disc. Don’t forget your PASSPORT!

Bike Prep:

Please make sure you bike is 100% mechanically sound. Lesotho is not the place to breakdown. Please make sure you have at least double thick tubes and slime in your tyres. Standard MX Tubes are not acceptable. If you do not have mousses, please carry a spare tube and tools to replace this tube. Mousses or Tubliss are highly recommended!

Fuel:

Please do not get fuel in SA as the border will give you grief about it. There is a garage Just through the Border where we can fill Jerry cans etc. the Fuel is also cheaper in Lesotho.

Spares:

It is advisable to carry Levers, 2T Oil, Spare Oiled Air filters, Chain Lube, Pratley Steel and whatever basics spares you feel you may need

Rider Fuel:

Lesotho can be a very tough place to ride, please make sure you bring your electrolyte replacement or carbo drink so that you do not dehydrate. Also pack energy bars, jungle oats bars or peanut butter sarmies in your camelback so that you can replace the energy that you will be burning on the ride. Cramp blockers are also a great idea for the rides as they help slow down the onset of cramps.

Medical Aid
:

It is not advisable to come on a trip like this without medical aid, Lesotho is remote and their infrastructure is 3rd world.

Cell Phone
:

Please bring and at all times ride with a cell phone. If you do not have international roaming please organize a SIM card and Airtime from the dudes at the border post. This will be for your own account but is cheap if only to be used in emergencies. Make provision in your riding kit for a safe place to store and carry your cell phone. We will swap numbers with everyone on the ride and your guide at the lodge.

To Secure your spot you will need to make a 50% Deposit by mid January. If you miss the cut off, your spot will be given to the next person on the waiting list.

Please add your name to the list and then mail markm@moto101.co.za and include the following details:

Name
Surname
Forum Name
Telephone number
Email Address
Medical Aid Provider
Medical Aid Policy Number
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Number

Here are some pics from previous tours:

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but according to my brandy tarnished memory Bob has never missed a Lesotho tour.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Mark, I would take a rain check on this "IN" :icon_lol: He's been "IN" on two Matat2Pont's but I have yet to see him there :33:
Sorry oom! I have repented. Never miss a 101 Lesoooootho tour

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
1. Mark250GP
2. FSU!!!
3. TheBob
4. Sithe (the fit version)
5. J37

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
1. Mark250GP
2. FSU!!!
3. TheBob
4. Sithe (the fit version)
5. J37
6. Bulletproof (on a Husky or plug eater?)

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
This sounds awesome and it is my 40th on the 22nd of Feb so what an epic 40th! When should we pay our deposit by and can other guys who are not on moto101 join?

Last edited by a moderator:

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
This sounds awesome and it is my 40th on the 22nd of Feb so what an epic 40th! When should we pay our deposit by and can other guys who are not on moto101 join?
As per first post: To Secure your spot you will need to make a 50% Deposit by mid January. If you miss the cut off, your spot will be given to the next person on the waiting list. Send your details and questions to Mark :thumbs up:

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
21-24 MARCH 2018
MIELIEPOP MUSIC FESTIVAL IN LOTHAIR, MPUMALANGA, SOUTH AFRICA.
A SERENE 4-DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER — COMPLETE WITH BEAUTIFUL LAKES, SWIMMING POOLS AND ROLLING LAWNS — A REPUBLIC OF ITS OWN.

Young hot drunk maidens in bikini's and good music ,, I will be attending this instead

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
21-24 MARCH 2018
MIELIEPOP MUSIC FESTIVAL IN LOTHAIR, MPUMALANGA, SOUTH AFRICA.
A SERENE 4-DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER — COMPLETE WITH BEAUTIFUL LAKES, SWIMMING POOLS AND ROLLING LAWNS — A REPUBLIC OF ITS OWN.

Young hot drunk maidens in bikini's and good music ,, I will be attending this instead
We will miss you terribly.