Level 4 - Riding Verdict

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
On the level 4 topic. I see MSA got clearance to race again, only issue is it will have to be in province and close by because you can't cross provincial borders or leave home before 3am, or travel and stay in accom.

Great news that Motorsport is "opening" again. But have to agree there are so many rules you have to get passed who knows if it will happen. Its like giving a dog a bone and then taking it away:

1. No more than 50 can gather (So how will this work 25 riders and 25 mechanics)
2. Cannot cross provinces (I doubt they will know)
3. Cannot stay in Hotels unless for business (I doubt they will know)
4. MOST IMPORTANT: HOSPITALS- They are at capacity and when you arrive they dont simply admit you, you need a negative Covid test which can take 24HRS, nice if your femur is snapped.

How MSA will get Police permits and a medical go ahead is yet to be seen, it just seems a dream at the moment but hopefully it works out.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Great news that Motorsport is "opening" again. But have to agree there are so many rules you have to get passed who knows if it will happen. Its like giving a dog a bone and then taking it away:

1. No more than 50 can gather (So how will this work 25 riders and 25 mechanics)
2. Cannot cross provinces (I doubt they will know)
3. Cannot stay in Hotels unless for business (I doubt they will know)
4. MOST IMPORTANT: HOSPITALS- They are at capacity and when you arrive they dont simply admit you, you need a negative Covid test which can take 24HRS, nice if your femur is snapped.

How MSA will get Police permits and a medical go ahead is yet to be seen, it just seems a dream at the moment but hopefully it works out.
100% agree, one of the cycling venues in PTA East was closed down on the weekend for having too many people at a gathering, that being said that did organise a trail run there 2 weeks ago with over 350 runners.

RE Hospitals- have a few friends who have had babies born last few weeks, Mom gets dropped at the hospital and collected 2 days later with baby, father misses birth and can't even go visit.First time they see their kid is a selfie from the mrs in the hospital.