Linksfield behind caltex

MR_T

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Myself and a friend want to go riding at Linksfield behind the Caltex. Anyone have experience there or want to show us around? (Is it still ridable even)

My Mate is very new on a bike so thought it might be a nice place to ride as it seems pretty open and nothing too difficult. If you have any ideas on where else to ride or an easy track for my mate to get the feeling of the bike around the east rand please let me know so we can try it out. We also only have about 3 hours to play with so the closer to bedfordview the better.

Cheers!:thumbs up:

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
There's some interesting stuff there bit it's really difficult to get under the highway these days to go to the Edenvale side. Had a ride there last April. Was.... ho hum.... not rushing back. But I guess its convenient if you want a quick ride and you live in the area.

MR_T

Forum Member
Reaction score
There's some interesting stuff there bit it's really difficult to get under the highway these days to go to the Edenvale side. Had a ride there last April. Was.... ho hum.... not rushing back. But I guess its convenient if you want a quick ride and you live in the area.
Thank you, do you reckon it warrants going there for my inexperienced mate? IS there a loop that we can take even if it is just between linksfield/sandringham and the highway?

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
There is a single flat-track loop closer to Club street in the dip. But you'll get bored quick. Nice for kids. Not so great for adults.

Where about are you guys from?

MR_T

Forum Member
Reaction score
Been living in Bedfordview my whole life. I used to ride often between the ages of 12 and 18. I used to pre-run a few races with my ballie (and the SCC) like the bapsfontein enduro. Took a break for a few years and now back in the saddle.

My mate is using my spare bike and as i say he is very inexperienced. He has been riding once before so just want to show him the basics and get him comfortable on the bike.

Thank you for the advice, always appreciated.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Bring him to Maraisburg on Saturday morning. I'll take you lads out for an easy run.

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
Bring him to Maraisburg on Saturday morning. I'll take you lads out for an easy run.
You really aren’t the doos you look :icon_lol: nice one Steve
MR_T ... you won’t find a finer guide / mentor for your newbie mate. TS is pretty much a legend

Mitch

Forum Member
Reaction score
You really aren’t the doos you look :icon_lol: nice one Steve
MR_T ... you won’t find a finer guide / mentor for your newbie mate. TS is pretty much a legend
Fuck BM. TS is gonna have to buy a bigger helmet now :icon_twisted:

But I do agree with you.