Reaction score
Mayweather is an over the hill, overweight, overpaid arsehole. :icon_lol:
And I'll tell him to his face in a dark alley

So long as I have my .45 on me, fully loaded :icon_lol:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
He's only 40
Thats old. Boxing has gone for a ball of crap, in my opinion. If you don't want to fight a particular fighter, who is lets say for a WBA title, then you take on someone else in a WBC, IBA or IBF title.
I'd personally rather watch paint set than a heavyweight boxing title bout

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thats old. Boxing has gone for a ball of crap, in my opinion. If you don't want to fight a particular fighter, who is lets say for a WBA title, then you take on someone else in a WBC, IBA or IBF title.
Agreed. Last good fight was marvin hagler vs sugar ray

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I still miss the days of Mike vs Kallie.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Naughty Ian vs gravity
Stuart vs Father Time

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Here's a nice point of view from a FB friend:

"Now I know I'm gonna get it from all sides, but let's be objective. Mayweather is a super talented boxer with amazing skills that always try's to do just enough to win. Amazing skills but so scared of losing that he never allows himself to showcase his true skills. He's beaten all the guys put in front of him. Not everyone was in there Prime but none the less he beat them. Most quite boring fights with nothing to write home about. We have all been complaining about his running style of boxing.

Enter the guy that fights to finish, the guy that fights guys 3 weight divisions up. Jumping from Featherweight to fight a Welterweight at Middleweight because his original opponent pulled out. A Guy with a huge reach and height agvantage on him. On paper one of the worst fights possible for Mcgregor. Loses the 1st fight and immediately says fuck that I wanna fight him again and beats one of the best MMA boxers standing. Knocks the guy who arguably has one of the best chins in the sport down 3 times. A guy that knocked the legend of the sport out in less than 10 secs.

MMA is a sport where they use 4oz gloves, boxing they use 10oz gloves.

The pace in Boxing is normally very high due to only using your hands and fighting in a ring. But in the same breathe we talking about Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather never pushes the pace unless he has you hurt, he fights of the back foot and baits you and counters.

Mcgregor is a big rangy Southpaw that uses that range well due to big distances involved in MMA because op the threat of takedowns and kicks. He has serious knockout power.

The big question is will Connor have the tank to last 12 rounds. I think he will, I think he will have learnt from his fight against Diaz.
We know Mayweather has 12 rounds in him.
If Mcgregor is too aggressive he may walk into Mayweathers counter right especially off his South Paw stance.
Mayweather has never been comfortable against Southpaws.
Neither of the 2 fighters load up on there shots.
So at the end of the day people that say this fight shouldn't happen need to appreciate where it comes from. Boxers love seeing MMA fighters get a hiding in the ring. And MMA fighters love seeing boxers get a hiding in the cage. It is what it is. Now we all will hopefully get to enjoy a cross cultural pugilistic event. Between arguably 2 of the biggest names in the relevant sports.
Yes they getting paid ridiculous amounts of money, that's because the promoters believe that the fight will generate more than that. There's a reason they get paid Multi millions.
It's because they can do what none of us have been able to do, they've been able to sell themselves like only they can. If this wasn't true someone else would be in there making the money.
I don't care what anyone says, I come from boxing and then made the switch to MMA, I'm looking forward to this fight. I'm looking forward to seeing how 2 guys with huge fight IQs implement there relevant game plans. I'm dying to see how Connor handles himself in the ring against the guys with an unbeaten record(will never ever be the Greatest ever, not even close.)

I'm dying to see how Floyd deals with Connors in your face pressure.

I wanna see how Connor is gonna adapt to the ring against one of the best RingMasters in the game.

I don't see Mayweather changing much about his game plan.

One thing I am sure of is if Connor plans to win he needs to knock Mayweather out, he will never out point Floyd.
So that's my opinion. I can't wait, it might be great or it might crap. Their are just so many variables and anything can happen, this is the fight game. I just love the science of fighting."

CycleC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ian, myself i would like to see Bailey have a go against Mayweather especially after a Rum or two-

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ian, myself i would like to see Bailey have a go against Mayweather especially after a Rum or two-
If Ron catches him with a few punches/kicks/headbutts in the first 18 secs, he is going to fall, any longer and Ron will be sleeping of his own accord :icon_lol:

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
If it's a boxing match Floyd is going to destroy him.

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
Connor's stand up is good and he has a proper jaw, but mayweather is a proper boxer and can defend for days (i still think he is a dick). i reckon mayweather will smash connor if they actually box properly.

this is going to be the most expensive exhibition bout since Apollo Creed died at the hand of Ivan Drago :icon_lol: