Michelin EWXC Rnd 1

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
100%

The issue was... specifically with the routes. I heard one thing, my friend heard another and the night before the race heard another thing from the organizers themselves (which ended up being different to what was said the following morning). So there was a lot of confusion. It was eventually cleared up in the mornings riders briefing, however we all know that not every single rider pitches to riders briefing.

We live in the 21st century. Record riders briefing and post the video on all social media's (can honestly take 10 minutes). Then host the riders briefing in the morning as per norm.
Or just have it explained clearly in the race regs under the route description section where it should be? Races are often in places with less than ideal signal so digital is not always the solution.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Or just have it explained clearly in the race regs under the route description section where it should be? Races are often in places with less than ideal signal so digital is not always the solution.
Or that.

Regarding the video, I was implying it gets sent out a few days before the race. Similar to how ROA works/ed.

StefanKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
100%

The issue was... specifically with the routes. I heard one thing, my friend heard another and the night before the race heard another thing from the organizers themselves (which ended up being different to what was said the following morning). So there was a lot of confusion. It was eventually cleared up in the mornings riders briefing, however we all know that not every single rider pitches to riders briefing.

We live in the 21st century. Record riders briefing and post the video on all social media's (can honestly take 10 minutes). Then host the riders briefing in the morning as per norm.
I wish all race organizers could see this post, Just send a video of the riders briefing out the Week before. Most of the organizers are already on the Whatsapp info group train. (Live lesotho/roof, Enduro world, lowveld are the ones I know of doing it)

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
I wish all race organizers could see this post, Just send a video of the riders briefing out the Week before. Most of the organizers are already on the Whatsapp info group train. (Live lesotho/roof, Enduro world, lowveld are the ones I know of doing it)
Come race day it could be more of a Q&A session, to cover anything not covered in the riders briefing video.

Enduro World already puts the effort in to give a track preview video. Why not have the track preview video with riders briefing play in the background? Entice people with the footage/riding/terrain etc. and cover riders briefing in one video. 2 birds 1 stone.

Enduro World EPR

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all the feed back , flat out now planning Madalas now but will reply next week ...