Michelin Mountain Madalas Berg 2019

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Airoh send out their helmets with a GoPro mount.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Was awesome! Really enjoyed it!
Perfect routes / Perfect weather!

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
NUMSCH, it was totally awesome. We went for a free ride at 4 Rivers adventure on Friday. Chatted to the owner Louis who is keen to host okes there for the weekend. They've got a lekker festive little pub that makes delicious pizza and serves cold beer. Accommodation is also available at very reasonable rates. In fact the price he gave me seemed too little. But then again, I was quite on my plonk and might not have heard right. Contact Louis directly to get prices. https://www.fourriversadventures.co.za/contact.htm

Regarding the Madalas event, it was my 3rd visit to Mnweni for MM Berg and it didn't disappoint. There was some stuff from previous years and loads of new stuff too. There was a multitude of tracks to choose from that catered for any level of rider. The tracks were Novice, Green, Madalas North, Madalas South and Madalas Extreme. We started the day with an Extreme loop which incorporated a lot of Madalas South too and took about 4 hours to complete. Then we went out for a North route and had an absolute jol. Superb terrain in one of the most scenic areas on Earth. We are very fortunate to have this type of riding relatively close to Joburg.

Once again Gary Franks and the rest of the Enduro World crEW did an awesome job hosting another superb event. I've got a tiny bit of footage from 4 Rivers coz my camera bombed AGAIN, but got plenty of footage of Madalas Extreme which needs to be edited. Will upload some footage soon.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
BULL DenDirtbiker J37 and others, how was this Madalas event? Pity I had to miss this one due to my sons exams!
Well we ended traveling far to do one lap. First km we had one puncture (tyre weld done the job) and a drowned bike. Two chain smokers held up any meaningful progress as well as another drowned bike. Got back at 13:30 and could not find Mitch or Gman, I would have liked to have done a lap with them. We done the MM North route which was flowing, a really nice ride. So ended up back at our unit and done what I could have done at home. But yes, bery good organising from the EW crew, just that I felt for me personally it was a bit of a waste.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Well we ended traveling far to do one lap. First km we had one puncture (tyre weld done the job) and a drowned bike. Two chain smokers held up any meaningful progress as well as another drowned bike. Got back at 13:30 and could not find Mitch or Gman, I would have liked to have done a lap with them. We done the MM North route which was flowing, a really nice ride. So ended up back at our unit and done what I could have done at home. But yes, bery good organising from the EW crew, just that I felt for me personally it was a bit of a waste.
Those river crossings were refreshing for a few riders :icon_e_biggrin:

Mitch

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Bull. We also did the MM North Route. At about 12:00 we were out on another lap. Finished after 15:00. After getting changed (and a few beers) we did look for you but you must have left.

The routes were great though.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Bull. We also did the MM North Route. At about 12:00 we were out on another lap. Finished after 15:00. After getting changed (and a few beers) we did look for you but you must have left.

The routes were great though.
In other words they were too busy falling off ledges and getting stitches to be found by anyone.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
He wasn't looking too bleak after a few beers and some fines......
:icon_lol::thumbs up: That's good news.

As a matter of interest, does GMan ride with "hell bro" guards? I always feel like such a poephol putting them on, but if I look at how scratched they are, methinks it's worth it.

Mitch

Forum Member
Reaction score

As a matter of interest, does GMan ride with "hell bro" guards? I always feel like such a poephol putting them on, but if I look at how scratched they are, methinks it's worth it.
Both of us don't use elbow guards. Doesn't happen very often though :icon_e_wink:

GMan

Forum Member
Reaction score

I think after that little tumble i shall be using a set. Got off lucky:) moo

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Carlo the Jakkals got this footage of us free riding at 4 Rivers Adventures. Pity he didn't realize he needed to record in widescreen.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Here's the Xtreme route from Jakkals' and my perspective. Jakkals has a massive high side moment at 9:45, lucky to walk away from it. :icon_eek: