MME Clutch Lever

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Pretty keen on one of these:thumbs up: Is there anyone less keen on theirs that they would consider parting with?

On a related note, how much of a mission is it to bring one in from the States, assuming none are available here?

Cheers

PS current bike: 2017 250 EXC-F 6 Days

Last edited:

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Pretty keen on one of these:thumbs up: Is there anyone less keen on theirs that they would consider parting with?

On a related note, how much of a mission is it to bring one in from the States, assuming none are available here?

Cheers

PS current bike: 2017 250 EXC-F 6 Days
I purchased mine through Slavens.
While its amazing, I prefer the open style hand guards, and with the MME lever, it would break (most likely the clutch perch) when I bail.
So I've moved over to Arc levers instead.

I'd sell the lever, but I got nailed so bad on customs, for me to sell it 2nd hand + customs value, it would be a silly price.
So would rather just keep it and use it in the future if I feel like it.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Buying one isn't too much of a mission. Slavens Racing or direct from Midwest. I'd specify courier delivery as dealing with the SA Post Office is likely to take years off your life. Make sure it is marked as motorcycle parts and you should only pay VAT, no duties.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
While its amazing, I prefer the open style hand guards, and with the MME lever, it would break (most likely the clutch perch) when I bail.

I'd sell the lever, but I got nailed so bad on customs, for me to sell it 2nd hand + customs value, it would be a silly price.
No probs:thumbs up:, it's customs duties that worry me.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Buying one isn't too much of a mission. Slavens Racing or direct from Midwest. I'd specify courier delivery as dealing with the SA Post Office is likely to take years off your life. Make sure it is marked as motorcycle parts and you should only pay VAT, no duties.
Thanks thebob, appreciate the advice. Do I ask Slavens to mark it as motorcycle parts?

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score

J37 apart from flexing in a crash, do the Arc levers offer any benefit in terms of a lighter clutch pull?

Thanks!

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
J37 apart from flexing in a crash, do the Arc levers offer any benefit in terms of a lighter clutch pull?

Thanks!
They use very much the same mounting mechanics as a standard Brembo lever.
However, comparing the pull from the Arc lever to a normal lever I’d say its lighter, but not as much as the change from brembo to MME.

I didn’t really purchase the lever(s) for their lighter pull, more for the fact that I can use 1 or 2 fingers and not have to worry about crushing my other fingers.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
However, comparing the pull from the Arc lever to a normal lever I’d say its lighter, but not as much as the change from brembo to MME.

I didn’t really purchase the lever(s) for their lighter pull, more for the fact that I can use 1 or 2 fingers and not have to worry about crushing my other fingers.
you should be able to adjust any clutch to disengage before it hits the other fingers

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
you should be able to adjust any clutch to disengage before it hits the other fingers
It didn't matter though.
Since I prefer the flag style hand guards, staying with the standard levers would just be expensive.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score

Noted, thanks for the feedback J37 :thumbs up:

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yup! They've done it for me plenty. Try order a few things to make shipping etc worthwhile
Cool, thanks thebob. Playing around on their site I see that shipping etc is 2/3’s the price of the actual clutch lever - will definitely add to the checkout basket:thumbs up:

Road2Dirt

Forum Member
Reaction score
thebob is it a plug and play item or is there setting up that needs to be done on these levers. I remember something about guys struggling to get them working (I may be off the mark completely)

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yes, you do need to fine tune it.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Marketing at it's best, almost as good as those magnets on the fuel line that halved your fuel consumption :thumbs up: