Moto101 Guided Ride - Novice/Social and Intermediate Tech De Wildt - 13th Feb 2016

Andre CRF

Reaction score
We unfortunately also have to chicken out. Andre, Rocky and Dutchman. Sorry guys, have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krause

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sorry people! I'm not feeling well this morning. I also have to pull out.
Have fun.

Hotrod

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark and all the Marshalls. Super ride today. I feel like I conquered the river bed today. Two thumbs up!

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that rode on Saturday. Good to meet some new folk and good to see some of the old faithful.

Because of the numbers on the day we didn't split into Novei and Intermediate, we all did a pretty difficult Intermediate ride from the Cop Shop to 3 Fences shop and back. Everyone on that ride will do an Intermediate in future with no problems at all, pace was good! Well done to everyone that rode. The heat was a killer and with 80 odd km's under the belt it definitely wasn't an easy day out in the saddle. One of the better guided rides we've done.

Pics and Video are in this thread: http://www.moto101.co.za/pictures-and-videos/40941-dewildt-moto-ride-pics-vid.html

Thanks to the guides and marshalls for your help, great job everyone.

Last edited:

LittleG

Forum Member
Reaction score
I was sure I had replied Saturday, clearly I was too tired to hit submit :p

Big Thanks to the guides (I use this term lightly since guides would normally know the route :icon_razz:) . Certainly was an awesome day out and I think everyone enjoyed it, even if some couldn't walk by the time we got back to the Cop Shop :) My little Bakkie showed 37 when I hit the road at 3:45 :icon_e_surprised: It was hot out there.

Need to spend some time in those twisty sand bits for sure.

I'm definitely in for an Intermediate ride next time any of you are willing to tow my slow ass around :thumbs up:

Viking

Forum Member
Reaction score
A BIG thanks to Mark for Saturday. It was one of the most enjoyable days I have ever had on my bike. Thanks to all the marshals and the friendly ride folk. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
De Wildt is not De Wildt unless you get a bit lost, I knew which direction to travel at all times, we just had to do some off-trail riding to find common route again, De Wildt again is not De Wildt without some off-trail riding.

Punctures are also par for the course!

MarcBanshee

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Mark250 , Thanks for an awesome Ride Was fanfokkentasties !!!!

Thanks Warren B for taking me over the railway staircase that was a first for me!!!

PS: anyone got a spare Magneto/Casing cover lying around :icon_e_confused::icon_cry:

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
hahahaha Lekker ride on Saturday boys, sand is one hell of a thing if you not used to riding in it :icon_lol:

We were never lost we were just testing to see how you handled under the pressure hahaha but for real just got tricky as we had to cut out some of the rocky riverbeds otherwise some guys would still be there building a new house :icon_mrgreen:
MarcBanshee always best seeing guys faces going up there for the first time hahaaha

LittleG

Forum Member
Reaction score
hahahaha Lekker ride on Saturday boys, sand is one hell of a thing if you not used to riding in it :icon_lol:

We were never lost we were just testing to see how you handled under the pressure hahaha but for real just got tricky as we had to cut out some of the rocky riverbeds otherwise some guys would still be there building a new house :icon_mrgreen:
@MarcBanshee always best seeing guys faces going up there for the first time hahaaha
I was so keen to try that water tower climb :(

Hotrod

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice to know we all were promoted to intermediate for next time. Feeling stiff and sore today. I must have had a workout.
It was also great to pin the throttle for the 1st time since I got my engine redone. She was going like a Boeing. @Mark where do we go to get lessons on the standing wheelies you do?

Luca

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the epic ride!! I will definitely be riding there again some time soon. Well done to everyone who participated, and special thanks to the marshals who put up with my noobness!