Moto101 Kids Social - Sunday 18th Jan at Maraisburg

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
We've created this section cause lots of us have children that ride and want to get them socializing and riding together. The plan is to do one a month at various venues.

The first one will be Maraisburg this coming Sunday, the 18th.

We've been before with the kids and what we do is drive out to the flat track, park up and let the kids jol. You dont need a 4x4 to get there but your Nissan Micra will battle and your Veyron will be too low. There's a very good gravel road for about 2km's and then a very short stretch (200M) of flat off-road.

The terrain for the kid's is cool, hard pack sand flat track with some berms and very small jumps, if they want to ride them. Total track length is probably 3 km's but from where we park you can see the entire track so its safe in that respect. Any bike from a PW 50 to a KX 85 or even bigger can have a jol there.

We'll be there from 10:00AM but if you get to the BP Oasis on the N1 at Beyers for 09:15 we can leave at 9:30 and travel together.

GPS Co-Ords

Lat: 26°11'53.07"S
Long: 27°53'53.10"E

Directions

N1 and take Maraisburg off-ramp, turn left from the South or right from the North and then 2nd robot left again. Continue to Main Reef Road and turn right, follow road for roughly 3.3 km's until you get to Vector Logistics on your left and turn left, follow that road till it turns to gravel and continue till the flat track, just before the mine gates, roughly 2KM on gravel.

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
Sounds lekker Mark, will check with the Boss and get back to you.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I will be taking my 11yr son on Sunday, he had a jol last time. Here some phone pics.

DavidKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, will confirm by tomorrow, my son will love this, can I bring my bike too Please :D

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
shabsta said:
I'll be there with my icecream van......
Bwaaahahaha
[youtube:j52l2wv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os1N2nrzeyI[/youtube:j52l2wv0]

FlyingScot

Forum Member
Reaction score
Such a great idea Mark! Matthew has been asking for other kids to ride with so we will definitely be there.

DavidKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
Great Stuff, lets see if more people are keen to Braai and we can make it a bring and Braai

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
If we can get baby sitter for my little girl we definitely in, an ya we can bring a chop en wors down.

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
NUMSCH said:
I will be taking my 11yr son on Sunday, he had a jol last time. Here some phone pics
Awesome pics NUMSCH, what bike is that? Looks like a Honda? Cr80? Crf110?

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I will bring two gazebos on Sunday for some shade for us watching the little ones. Bring camp chairs!

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
NUMSCH said:
It's a 110 and he loves it!
I am wanting to move my little man to a crf110 or ttr110 very soon, do you think my boy could sit on your crf110 for size and weight testing?

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Hi All,

Will post in the Places to ride thread - was at Marais today and its been cut to hell by the developers...