Moto101 Kids Social - Sunday 18th Jan at Maraisburg

Road2Dirt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have contact details for Mark, I have a friend who was waiting at the garage, but couldn't find anyone?

Road2Dirt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Slick, he left the garage and is on the way as per the directions from Mark250. Hopefully he finds someone (its BigAl, new on the forum)

Slick

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for a great day guys, the kids had a jol. BigAl I have your wife's shoes.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
What an awesome day with a great turn out. There were 15 little ones riding on an assortment of bikes. Will post some pics tomorrow.

My son has washed his bike and is already asking about rhino park for the next one.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, what a turnout.

Thanks to everyone that made it through, think we had almost 15 kiddo's there in total. The weather was looking a bit bleak to start with but it cleared up nicely. I know our small boy had a lekker time, sure everyone else did as well. Pity about the dust, it wasn't so dusty last time we were there, the next time we go to Marais we'll go after some rain.

We're looking at doing this more often, probably every month. We'll be scouting new venues for the next one, if you have any suggestions let me know. Not really looking for MX tracks only but more kinda small outride venues, even if the "track" is only a couple of km's.

Here's some pics:

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
Looks awesome, good work for organising 101!

Those Oset's look great, how soon is too soon.....14 months too early? :shock: (she already runs and jumps and rolls around like mad on foot - maybe time for 2 wheels).
In earnest though - what age do you get the little ones onto the small Oset, I have quite a little daredevil and want to nurture/feed her adventurous side (but safely)?

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
red_eye_righley said:

Those Oset's look great, how soon is too soon.....14 months too early? :shock: (she already runs and jumps and rolls around like mad on foot - maybe time for 2 wheels).
In earnest though - what age do you get the little ones onto the small Oset, I have quite a little daredevil and want to nurture/feed her adventurous side (but safely)?
The 2014 OSET Spider 12.5 is designed for riders from 2 to 5 years old, or more specifically, riders up to about 46" (3'10") tall.

I suppose it depends on how good the young'un is with balance. Maybe 14 months is a little too early though.

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
Mark250GP said:
We're looking at doing this more often, probably every month. We'll be scouting new venues for the next one, if you have any suggestions let me know. Not really looking for MX tracks only but more kinda small outride venues, even if the "track" is only a couple of km's.
Chestnut Has a nice little outride and usually outride is pretty quite, there is also a small kiddies "MX" track and for the more proficient kiddies there is a family track. Nice controlled environment and has the basics in terms of facilities. Non riders are free, Riders are between R80 and R105 (I think). there is two Lapa with Braai's (small about 4 x 4) but I know the care taker so could book them both I am sure. There is a kiddies play area of sorts but the swings set a little dilapidated. Chestnut is about a km down the road from Rhino Park.

Just an option if your wanting.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Awakener said:
Mark250GP said:
Chestnut Has a nice little outride and usually outride is pretty quite, there is also a small kiddies "MX" track and for the more proficient kiddies there is a family track. Nice controlled environment and has the basics in terms of facilities. Non riders are free, Riders are between R80 and R105 (I think). there is two Lapa with Braai's (small about 4 x 4) but I know the care taker so could book them both I am sure. There is a kiddies play area of sorts but the swings set a little dilapidated. Chestnut is about a km down the road from Rhino Park.

Just an option if your wanting.
Sounds great, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
Mark250GP said:
red_eye_righley said:

The 2014 OSET Spider 12.5 is designed for riders from 2 to 5 years old, or more specifically, riders up to about 46" (3'10") tall.

I suppose it depends on how good the young'un is with balance. Maybe 14 months is a little too early though.
Shot 2fiddy, good to know - definitely too early, but I will start looking around the market for 1 maybe

KTwo

Forum Member
Reaction score
It was an awesome day, with a fantastic turn-out. My son enjoyed himself! Can't wait for the next one. :)

Hotrod

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for organizing a great day out.

My boys loved it. I'll post a short video of the day once I've overcome my technical difficulties :)

Thor928

Forum Member
Reaction score
Most important thing we should be teaching our kids is that no matter what you always wear a helmet when riding a bike- Kids look up to us as adults and will emulate what we do and think its OK - safety should be #1 priority when teaching kids to ride. ;)

Well done to all involved - great initiative that will no doubt become very popular and benefit many - well done :clap:

Dillan 19

Forum Member
Reaction score
Im sorry I missed this!!!!!!!!! Next one def there.!!!!!!!

DavidKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looks like a awesome day out sorry I missed it, my son is still kicking my arse for not being able to make it