My Little Guy and the Blue Loop at Wild West

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
So yesterday Liam and I decided to tackle the Bue Loop .It was late afternoon and the track was empty so we did it in reverse to avoid those loose rocks at the start and I have to say that having completed the loop with only two little falls this has to be one of the proudest moments for me.He has been riding for long but I always thought that he was" nt really into it but what I missed was the fact that he really just wanted to ride with me ( I was to busy with my own riding ,track etc to see this I think ).

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
So yesterday Liam and I decided to tackle the Bue Loop .It was late afternoon and the track was empty so we did it in reverse to avoid those loose rocks at the start and I have to say that having completed the loop with only two little falls this has to be one of the proudest moments for me.He has been riding for long but I always thought that he was" nt really into it but what I missed was the fact that he really just wanted to ride with me ( I was to busy with my own riding ,track etc to see this I think ).
Ja we tend to as parents to miss the small little things sometimes , I found when Ghislain started riding with us , he always fel under pressure as he felt it was punishment when i tried to teach him things and he felt i kept moaning at him and he was always a nervous wreck , the group then pushed me to the back as sweeper and was not allowed to talk but just ride and sweep , he got more comfortable and the other guys started giving the instructions and this took the pressure of ...rode with him yesterday at Heidelberg , and now he is the one shouting the instructions and advise , halfway through the ride i was finished and they continued with the ride , also very proud of how he now rides , teaches others and is always humble , I just cant keep up anymore with him , what i am basically trying to say , enjoy the moments riding with him , shortly you wont be able to keep up .

Astrid

Roosters Bizatch
Reaction score
Awesome stuff Francois :thumbs up: Very special and proud moments.

We should get our boys to ride together at some point too.

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Awesome stuff Francois :thumbs up: Very special and proud moments.

We should get our boys to ride together at some point too.
Hey Astrid , we certainly should , i need to get some kit for him first ,gumboots are not going to cut it ,he needs a chest protector as well.

lukekay

Forum Member
Reaction score
So yesterday Liam and I decided to tackle the Bue Loop .It was late afternoon and the track was empty so we did it in reverse to avoid those loose rocks at the start and I have to say that having completed the loop with only two little falls this has to be one of the proudest moments for me.He has been riding for long but I always thought that he was" not really into it but what I missed was the fact that he really just wanted to ride with me ( I was to busy with my own riding ,track etc to see this I think ).
Awesome to read this! Wish I had've taken an interest in biking at an earlier age instead of all the wasted years on my PC and pouring money into something that I will never get a return on. You can also start the blue loop from the test track, skips that rocky section at the start :thumbs up:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I think we should revive the once a month kids ride. We had an awesome turn out at Maraisburg and Arrows rest also has a great variety for the little ones to learn on. I also think we could do a chilled ride at Tussen Koppies.

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Awesome to read this! Wish I had've taken an interest in biking at an earlier age instead of all the wasted years on my PC and pouring money into something that I will never get a return on. You can also start the blue loop from the test track, skips that rocky section at the start :thumbs up:
Yep will join from the training area next time,or I "ve got to find a way to cut out that horrible rocky section that never bothered me before lol.

lukekay

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yep will join from the training area next time,or I "ve got to find a way to cut out that horrible rocky section that never bothered me before lol.
Hahaha it is quite rough but it's easy and short enough to start getting confidence in that terrain without it dragging on and you getting no enjoyment. My old man took a hard fall at that section a few months ago...

Astrid

Roosters Bizatch
Reaction score
Hey Astrid , we certainly should , i need to get some kit for him first ,gumboots are not going to cut it ,he needs a chest protector as well.
I might have body armor for him to try out? Think it's a Fox small. Might just fit him? My daughter wore it like twice and decided she's done riding. :icon_rolleyes:

We also start from the training area. D is scared of the other side.

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
I might have body armor for him to try out? Think it's a Fox small. Might just fit him? My daughter wore it like twice and decided she's done riding. :icon_rolleyes:

We also start from the training area. D is scared of the other side.
Txs Astrid ,will you bring along when you visit the track.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
what size shoe is he francois and what size kit ? mark and i will go through all the old kit we still have from boots to gloves ! if they fit they Liams .

Astrid

Roosters Bizatch
Reaction score
what size shoe is he francois and what size kit ? mark and i will go through all the old kit we still have from boots to gloves ! if they fit they Liams .
I also have some gloves now that you mention it.

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Txs Guys he wears a size 2 boot ,they say his tall for his age , must be the milkman.

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
He could also just get some old kit from Mark250GP...

Awesome guys, lekker to help the little oke out. Well done Francois, he's going to be a little machine before you know it.

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Thanks Guys I appreciate ,in the same breath , I have loads of secondhand adult kit at the track ,if anyone wants ask me when you are at Wild West.

Hotrod

Forum Member
Reaction score
I think we should revive the once a month kids ride. We had an awesome turn out at Maraisburg and Arrows rest also has a great variety for the little ones to learn on. I also think we could do a chilled ride at Tussen Koppies.
Good idea, can't you twist your connections arm for another kids moto day? We missed the arrows rest ride.