New acerbis x-rock boots

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
2 Pairs of these are highly likely to outlast a pair of SG12's for roughly the same amount (unless i dont have the right pricing)
The pair I have are still sharp hey, and I am very heavy on boots:thumbs up:

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Any recent updates on the life people are getting from these boots?

I got 2 pairs on the black Friday sale and must admit they are wearing alot faster than what I thought they would already lost a toe cap and even the leather or material is ripping quite a bit already

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Any recent updates on the life people are getting from these boots?

I got 2 pairs on the black Friday sale and must admit they are wearing alot faster than what I thought they would already lost a toe cap and even the leather or material is ripping quite a bit already
mine are still sharp , do however lose toecaps now and them , i just replace each time rest of boot is fine . maybe you just have vrot foot eating away at the leather ?

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Are you guys just re-mounting new toe caps, or using something to help stick it down?

I mounted new toe caps on my SG's last week, and used Pratley's Wondafix to help secure the toe caps. I'm yet to test, but they seem to hold well.

Get the car version of the Wondafix, the non-car version looks suspicious.

Ash_

Forum Member
Reaction score
mine are still sharp , do however lose toecaps now and them , i just replace each time rest of boot is fine . maybe you just have vrot foot eating away at the leather ?
where do you get your toe caps done and how much- need to get mine done

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
To be fair you need to compare the amount of hours / trailer time between the two of you!

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
To be fair you need to compare the amount of hours / trailer time between the two of you!
yes Ian

- - - Updated - - -

where do you get your toe caps done and how much- need to get mine done
I order the toe caps from Roost and do it myself using an electric drill with a phillips screwdriver head

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys just re-mounting new toe caps, or using something to help stick it down?

I mounted new toe caps on my SG's last week, and used Pratley's Wondafix to help secure the toe caps. I'm yet to test, but they seem to hold well.

Get the car version of the Wondafix, the non-car version looks suspicious.
just the toecaps and screws no wonder fix

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Have the X-Rock's and agree, they are wearing way to fast.

Replaced toe caps 3 times and use sikaflex with chipboard screws to hold them down. They dont come out, the metal wears through. So thats not an issue.

Stitching is tearing all over the boot.
Soles are tearing loose.
Buckles are screwed, with one screw, into little square steel washers behind the plastic carcass of the boot.
The steel washer is too small so it rips out through the plastic of the boot and you lose the entire buckle.
New buckles are R1200 for 4, you have to buy 4 at a time.
Some buckles you can get in behind the plastic to replace the washer, others you will have to cut the inside material of the boot to get to them.

If I bought them on the black Friday special then sure, I can justify the above issues.
But I paid full price and they are really not holding up nearly as well as they should.
Think they go for R6000 to R7000 now, which is not cheap

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a new pair of these, the grey and black ones. Lets see how they do.
Coming from a pair of Gaerne's that did well.

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
The Gaerne G React. They were bulletproof but become less comfortable as they wore over time

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
The Gaerne G React. They were bulletproof but become less comfortable as they wore over time
Yeah i second that, they did become less comfortable. I use to have a pair, they fell apart after a few good years of riding. I got a pair of X Rock which to me are still more comfortable (for my feet) vs the G React boots... Thankfully mine have held up a lot better... That being said, i didnt do too much riding towards the end of last year due to injury...