New Hard Enduro Championship?

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Politics all over the world, and all we care about is racing and watching the races :icon_rolleyes:

Does anyone actually know why KTM left enduroGP?

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Politics all over the world, and all we care about is racing and watching the races :icon_rolleyes:

Does anyone actually know why KTM left enduroGP?
they decided to use the budget on buying the competition rather than trying to beat them

Pom17

Reaction score
Wish they could put that newly acquired competition machines to good use or create some variety.
Instead they are killing out brands and giving existing KTM tech new jerseys :31:
GasGas
Husaberg
Husqvarna

At least Sherco has made some massive strides in the American market.
They really have a big factory team with some legend names competing under the brand.
This will hopefully spill over to the way the bike is viewed in SA and other smaller markets.

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Lets hope these chaps can sit around a table and come to a decision for a proper hard / Extreme enduro series. The whole issue now is that there are no rules or regulations so one race could be easy and the next can be a killer, One can be 4 hrs long , the other 8 hrs , they need to have rules so that all the races can meet a certain criteria and be on the same level of Extreme. Perhaps have 2 or 3 people who actually come out and inspect the tracks before hand so they all meet the agreed specs. Then they need to have races outside of Europe so a proper " world championship" can be declared.

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
Lets hope these chaps can sit around a table and come to a decision for a proper hard / Extreme enduro series. The whole issue now is that there are no rules or regulations so one race could be easy and the next can be a killer, One can be 4 hrs long , the other 8 hrs , they need to have rules so that all the races can meet a certain criteria and be on the same level of Extreme. Perhaps have 2 or 3 people who actually come out and inspect the tracks before hand so they all meet the agreed specs. Then they need to have races outside of Europe so a proper " world championship" can be declared.
The FIM have prescribed rules throughout Motorsport in general. In the best interest really, but i feel perhaps like all major motorsport the manufacturers become the dominant figures in negotiations ie Regs. If managed properly however, will certainly lift the heads of other manufacturers in a controlled racing field. IE make cheaper fekkin bikes. They getting duur.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
That is going to be difficult, the extreme races are extreme in different ways, erzberg is almost unwalkable so it is short (time bar adds an elemet to the extremeness of it as well) roof is not as technical but you doing it for much longer.
It should just be regulated by the championship, if they think it is extreme it can be included, if it falls outside of this (by jusdgement of the riders) it will not be included the following year (the roof is good at falling into this category!)

Pom17

Reaction score
Going to be difficult, extreme races are too varied to have one standard.

Think the challenge the organisers face, or the struggle, to be part of the WESS or Extreme Enduro Series is enough to keep the quality of events high.

If you fuck up, you are not included for the next two years. There are plenty of top quality events to choose from. This will ensure organisers dont fuck around like we have seen with ROA pre 2019.

Pom17

Reaction score
https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/4801-interview-fim-president-jorge-viegas-part-1

Some more info on the whole WESS and FIM issue

It sounds like FIM did not listen to what the people wanted, neglected hard and extreme enduro and from this came the WESS.

I love how they dont want WESS to call someone a world champion because it was not a FIM championship.

"This year they event called it a World Championship and this is unacceptable, I asked them to come and meet because this is not acceptable and I will go into the justice system if needed to protect the good name of the FIM. If it will be called a World Championship it is not true. But anyway, that is past and it doesn’t matter.

I understand that they have a series with a lot of people following it on social media, it’s very popular, the events are good and have a lot of participants and all this but it is not a World Championship."

Fuck that, people will be made champions by winning recognised events, not by regulating bodies.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/4801-interview-fim-president-jorge-viegas-part-1

Some more info on the whole WESS and FIM issue

It sounds like FIM did not listen to what the people wanted, neglected hard and extreme enduro and from this came the WESS.

I love how they dont want WESS to call someone a world champion because it was not a FIM championship.

"This year they event called it a World Championship and this is unacceptable, I asked them to come and meet because this is not acceptable and I will go into the justice system if needed to protect the good name of the FIM. If it will be called a World Championship it is not true. But anyway, that is past and it doesn’t matter.

I understand that they have a series with a lot of people following it on social media, it’s very popular, the events are good and have a lot of participants and all this but it is not a World Championship."

Fuck that, people will be made champions by winning recognised events, not by regulating bodies.
:thumbs up: