New LS2 helmet

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the new LS2 Helmets? They look pretty decent, venting looks awesome, anybody have any experience with LS2 helmets?

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Raced with one for about 6 races, comfy and good vents. Also dig the pump up inner pads.

Took quite a decent spill with it and landed on my head, it did its job well.

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
been through 2 of them already. light, vented, solid HOWEVER the claimed importer in early 2016 (not sure if same importer is being used now) told me when I was trying to replace the inner......... " you are a f@cking cheapskate for wanting to buy just an inner, buy a new helmet or piss off".

So I took his brilliant advice and went elsewhere.

If the same guys on the east rand are not importing them and someone else is then I will re-look this brand. quite liked my LS2.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Checked the site, isn’t clear what the helmet shell is made of. They list it as KVA

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
if its good enough for the boys in motogp its good enough for this dumb yank.

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
From their site:

Each LS2 helmet, in berglass, composite or polycarbonate is composed of three main elements, the external shell, shock absorbing EPS liner and the numerous accessories such as comfort linings, method of retention, visors and ventilation.

The three main methods of production are as follows:
— Polycarbonate injected in a mix of ABS utilizing an exclusive process developed by our researchers named HPTT (High Pressure Thermoplastic Technology Resin). This high precision industrial process utilizes moulds sculpted from blocks of metal weighing several 100 kilos.
— Composite bers, combined with polymer resin which provide high abrasion resistance and are very dicult to penetrate.
— Carbon Fiber in multiple layers are also mixed with polymer resin. This procedure involves a process where the molds must be able to resist temperatures in excess of 120 C.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
if its good enough for the boys in motogp its good enough for this dumb yank.
A top of the line carbon MotoGP helmet is very different to a bottom of the range plastic piss pot

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
I think this line (subverge MX470) is a composite helmet, there is a cheaper MX helmet as well which I woukd assume is the thermoplastic lid

As far as I can see the importer is based in Cape Town