New LS2 helmet

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
Would those vents compromise rigidity or help spread impact?

My lid litmus test is if it has Snell Foundation Approval, it should be good for purpose.

Speaking of which, anyone got a S lid for a mate who's betty is riding off-road with an old AF Lafe road crises cap?

Preferably around East Rand, thank you

*hi-jack off*

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Would those vents compromise rigidity or help spread impact?

My lid litmus test is if it has Snell Foundation Approval, it should be good for purpose.

Speaking of which, anyone got a S lid for a mate who's betty is riding off-road with an old AF Lafe road crises cap?

Preferably around East Rand, thank you

*hi-jack off*
don't think this lid is snell approved, it is ECE rated though. the venting looks very similar to the leatt vents. i would not be surprised if the vents are manufactured under patent from Leatt since they have already done testing on them with spikes etc (for ece and snell)

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
been through 2 of them already. light, vented, solid HOWEVER the claimed importer in early 2016 (not sure if same importer is being used now) told me when I was trying to replace the inner......... " you are a f@cking cheapskate for wanting to buy just an inner, buy a new helmet or piss off".

So I took his brilliant advice and went elsewhere.

If the same guys on the east rand are not importing them and someone else is then I will re-look this brand. quite liked my LS2.
Who was that?

Ls2

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to hear about your experience. Moto Protezione of which I am the owner is the new ls2 importer for the last 4 years. You can visit the manufacturer website to confirm that. Please contact me for anything I can help with.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Raced with one for about 6 races, comfy and good vents. Also dig the pump up inner pads.

Took quite a decent spill with it and landed on my head, it did its job well.
that , sir, is debatable.....................

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to hear about your experience. Moto Protezione of which I am the owner is the new ls2 importer for the last 4 years. You can visit the manufacturer website to confirm that. Please contact me for anything I can help with.
Redewaan, that you?

- - - Updated - - -

that , sir, is debatable.....................
As is everything

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ok that clears it up for me, the previous supplier (claimed to be importer) was Boksburg based not CPT based and that was in 2015.

Now that i know i dont need to deal with him again i will re-visit this brand. their new helmets do look to have improved from the older models. possibly just in time as i need a new lid.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Ok that clears it up for me, the previous supplier (claimed to be importer) was Boksburg based not CPT based and that was in 2015.

Now that i know i dont need to deal with him again i will re-visit this brand. their new helmets do look to have improved from the older models. possibly just in time as i need a new lid.
The guy I dealt with years ago was cpt based and still is. Let me know if you want his number.

fubar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just used one for Romanaics, I especially used it instead of my Aviator because the Aviator starts to chafe my ears after a few days. The LS2 is very comfortable and it is well made, the inners are available for under R400.00, can't remember the exact price.

The inners take a bit more fiddling than the Aviator's to get in and out though. The venting is good and I never felt the need to remove the helmet due to over heating, and I never once developed a headache, which is something that nearly always happens to me after a long day of sweating in a helmet.

It is quite a bit heavier than the Aviator, especially when the lining is wet, as it hold quite a bit of moisture, but I can honestly say I did not notice any difference in terms of neck fatigue even at the end of a 12 hour day of racing.

The MIPS system saved me when a marking ribbon got caught in the peak and tried to rip my head off, I actually felt and heard the MIPS sliding allowing the helmet to rotate on my pip, I know it is not intended for this scenario, but I believe it helped.

It is quite hard to find stock though, as I think these helmets are flying off the shelves.

Porkie

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just used one for Romanaics, I especially used it instead of my Aviator because the Aviator starts to chafe my ears after a few days. The LS2 is very comfortable and it is well made, the inners are available for under R400.00, can't remember the exact price.

The inners take a bit more fiddling than the Aviator's to get in and out though. The venting is good and I never felt the need to remove the helmet due to over heating, and I never once developed a headache, which is something that nearly always happens to me after a long day of sweating in a helmet.

It is quite a bit heavier than the Aviator, especially when the lining is wet, as it hold quite a bit of moisture, but I can honestly say I did not notice any difference in terms of neck fatigue even at the end of a 12 hour day of racing.

The MIPS system saved me when a marking ribbon got caught in the peak and tried to rip my head off, I actually felt and heard the MIPS sliding allowing the helmet to rotate on my pip, I know it is not intended for this scenario, but I believe it helped.

It is quite hard to find stock though, as I think these helmets are flying off the shelves.
So nice to hear... Just ordered mine from the oke in CPT. Stock doesn't seem to be an issue with him. ozosborne was spot on with the name Redewaan.