New Race Series - Enduro League Challenge

Onderbroek

Forum Member
Reaction score
I registered over the weekend - will hopefully go to Heidelberg next weekend to see if I can finish a lap before my iPhone's battery dies

BlankieMan

Team ACTNET Rider
Reaction score
Onderbroek said:
I registered over the weekend - will hopefully go to Heidelberg next weekend to see if I can finish a lap before my iPhone's battery dies

That made me LOL

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
How many tracks thus far? Think once I have settled into my motorbike I will give these a go!

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I went to Heidelberg on Sunday to log a lap and ended up virtually pushing a mates bike out of the mountains, so still no times. :icon_redface:

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
HAHA, where do you get all these jokes from? But seriously I think its time we braai at the 4x4 track!

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
It's amazing DD. Nice and flowing with very few rocky sections. ;-)

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
:icon_e_biggrin::icon_lol::icon_twisted: Fortunately I've ridden Arrows before, so I know more or less what it's like.

ktmpilot

Reaction score
Nice to see some times at Arrows. Going there this weekend, what's the loop like? @NUMSCH @BlankieMan @ktmpilot
I think you will like it Den, it is a bit more challenging than the red loop at WW since there is less chance to get your breath back, it is pretty constant, but certainly ridable.

My tips would be:
- definitely do a sighting lap first slowly and then go for your league time on the 2nd lap,
- the loop is very good navigation practice, but it helped me a lot to have 2 GPS's, one zoomed all the way in to 30m and the other one out at 120m.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I think you will like it Den, it is a bit more challenging than the red loop at WW since there is less chance to get your breath back, it is pretty constant, but certainly ridable.

My tips would be:
- definitely do a sighting lap first slowly and then go for your league time on the 2nd lap,
- the loop is very good navigation practice, but it helped me a lot to have 2 GPS's, one zoomed all the way in to 30m and the other one out at 120m.
ktmpilot You're right, the GPS training is one of the best aspects of the Enduro League. It also forces you to rest less and keep the pace up. Fantastic idea this Enduro League is. :thumbs up:

I left East London straight after the race Saturday. Slept in Aliwal North. Got up 4AM Sunday morning, hit the road, got home at 10AM. Washed kit and prepped by 3 o'clock Sunday already. Ready to race on Saturday, fully recovered from a rough race and now itching for Arrows. Is it Saturday tomorrow yet? :icon_lol:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
We only did a sighter / navigation lap and we got lost and took the the wrong turns plenty so definitely take it easy on the first lap and make sure you know the route. IgorO the horrible Russian will be adding some Perspex marker boards at the main intersections in the next couple of weeks but navigation is part of the fun! :)

Iggz

Forum Member
Reaction score
You know there is a problem when you get beaten by pork chops Sandham