New track!!!

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
i thought I had cleared it up nicely with my post! :icon_lol:

@Boertjie will be away but the track is open on Sunday and Monday.

OomD

Reaction score
I assume the fire this weekend did not cross over the fence? Looked a bit risky there for a few moments last Sunday.

Boertjie

Forum Member
Reaction score
So is it open 100% of the weekend, or only 66% :33:
Ek dink ek moet jou windpomp toe vat laat ons dit kan uitklaar :thumbs up:
I'll try to explain it to you and NUMSCH on a black board.

This weekend is 15 June (Saturday), 16 June (Sunday) and 17 June (Monday) WE WILL BE OPEN

AND on 22 June (Next Saturday) WE ARE CLOSED

Boertjie

Forum Member
Reaction score
Morning All
We having discussions on here, why is it so quiet lately.. It does not seem to be only on here, but everywhere.
What is going on? The track that I recently opened, is also very quiet.
I know its not for the tech guys, but its still a fun ride for when you wanna work on speed and corners.

I'm open for any criticism, good or bad, I can only build on that knowing what should be done more, and what is not liked.

I've extended the river bed, and should be up and running this weekend.
Also extended the Enduro X section, but prob need to put a lot more obstacles in, but that needs a shit load of $$.

Please help me out here!!

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
Boertjie We love the track, however the distance from the East makes it only possible to visit once a month. As you know we have been there a bunch of times already and the Mrs especially likes it. One small thing she did mention is the start section is a little "lurkered" for her but once in the river bed back to the pub she is in seventh heaven. is there no means to short cut to the river bed ? apart from that change nothing!!!

I guess with WINTER and all the various race events and financial situations everyone will be a little down on attendance. Even the likes of Grutte say they are about 50% down on normal weekend traffic.

Fourfif

Forum Member
Reaction score
Been to your track twice with beginners. They love it! I find it a bit boring, deep whoop sections and berms on some corners can help. Difficult to
please everyone I know and financially risky. Marking can be better. Also create a Strava group where the public can compare lap times and create that competitiveness between the riders. Good luck Boertjie, see you soon:thumbs up:

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Been to your track twice with beginners. They love it! I find it a bit boring, deep whoop sections and berms on some corners can help. Difficult to
please everyone I know and financially risky. Marking can be better. Also create a Strava group where the public can compare lap times and create that competitiveness between the riders. Good luck Boertjie, see you soon:thumbs up:
He still uses a 3310 that he got second hand from BULL and hasn't yet learned how to copy and paste on a PC.

Boertjie

Forum Member
Reaction score
Boertjie We love the track, however the distance from the East makes it only possible to visit once a month. As you know we have been there a bunch of times already and the Mrs especially likes it. One small thing she did mention is the start section is a little "lurkered" for her but once in the river bed back to the pub she is in seventh heaven. is there no means to short cut to the river bed ? apart from that change nothing!!!

I guess with WINTER and all the various race events and financial situations everyone will be a little down on attendance. Even the likes of Grutte say they are about 50% down on normal weekend traffic.
Novice. Thanks bud!!
I'm changing a bit on the track this weekend, there will be a choice between "Red Loop" and "Green Loop". Red Loop more tech and Green will be easy stuff, skipping all the rocky sections.
Red Loop will be extended to about double the length and longer riverbed. This will take me about two weekends to complete.

Hope to see you there soon.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I have a mate who hasn't ridden in about 2 years and another mate whose laaitie is learning to ride, so we're also going there this weekend. How long is the track and technicality? How easy is it to get to Schurweberg from the venue?

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I have a mate who hasn't ridden in about 2 years and another mate whose laaitie is learning to ride, so we're also going there this weekend. How long is the track and technicality? How easy is it to get to Schurweberg from the venue?
Track is 17km with the river bed section. Boertjie has extended the river bed so not sure how much longer it is now.

Ideal for newbies and something different.