Nitro Mousse revolution..lasts twice as long

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
Will first have to see how these mousses do in XC racing first.
Speed and impacts put huge strain on a mousse...
I think you don't get better than WINNING all five GNCC events including testing etc on one set of mousses?

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
If anyone was wondering if these Nitro mousses are really as tough as we are saying. Here is pictures of Will Slater's mousse from the IMPI. This is the 140 soft Nitro mousse that Will then drilled to make it even softer. Normally if you drill a mousse you lucky to get 100 odd kms out of it. Well this mousse did the entire IMPI in a EF-04 140 Double green which is also hard on a mousse as the tyre is so soft. It doesn't even have a cut on it and other than a bit softer than when he fitted it, its like new...baring the holes he drilled :).

Johnnym

Local Briana
Reaction score
My comment comes from having to basically walk a young lad all the way through the loop at the last EXXC.
85 small wheel.

Dad thought it goog to fit a new set of tires and Nitro Mousse's just before the race.

The young las (a young Mac) had a hell of a hard time fighting that bike. the rear tire felt like 400PSI.
He bounced so much that his silencer eventually fell off.

Why was it so hard?

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
My comment comes from having to basically walk a young lad all the way through the loop at the last EXXC.
85 small wheel.

Dad thought it goog to fit a new set of tires and Nitro Mousse's just before the race.

The young las (a young Mac) had a hell of a hard time fighting that bike. the rear tire felt like 400PSI.

Why was it so hard?
With all due respect to the lightie. Do you think someone with more experience and skill would have had the same issue with the same mousses and tyres or was it purely those new items that hindered the kid and made his exhaust fall off?

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
85 small wheel.

Why was it so hard?
Just my 50c's... (Inflation considered.:icon_e_geek:)

Any rider that moves to Mousse setup will take 1st, some time to get use to the feel and 2nd, you also need to adjust suspension settings to accommodate the mousses.

You will also see that most pro-riders tend to "run-in" their new mousses prior to major race events, preventing the hard feel the mousses gives when brand-new.

Also, check and make sure that tire size matches the mousse size. Too big a size mousse in smaller tire will give you the 4 BAR feeling...

Lastly, Never Ever make major adjustments or changes to your bike before a race. (It is a risk that can go either way in a race, but mostly bad...)

Chop

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've stopped using the Michelin BIB mousses after one split in half within a week, never had that happen before and was not replaced.
I started using the Nitro EX Soft and its been excellent and held up long. i think its like 0.6 or 0.4 bar from the box.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Lastly, Never Ever make major adjustments or changes to your bike before a race. (It is a risk that can go either way in a race, but mostly bad...)
True this, and it applies to anything competitive. I wont even use new kit for a race, must be worn first.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
If anyone was wondering if these Nitro mousses are really as tough as we are saying. Here is pictures of Will Slater's mousse from the IMPI. This is the 140 soft Nitro mousse that Will then drilled to make it even softer. Normally if you drill a mousse you lucky to get 100 odd kms out of it. Well this mousse did the entire IMPI in a EF-04 140 Double green which is also hard on a mousse as the tyre is so soft. It doesn't even have a cut on it and other than a bit softer than when he fitted it, its like new...baring the holes he drilled :).

Very impressive!!

Johnnym

Local Briana
Reaction score
With all due respect to the lightie. Do you think someone with more experience and skill would have had the same issue with the same mousses and tyres or was it purely those new items that hindered the kid and made his exhaust fall off?
All I can say is that rear felt like it was the equivalent of 4 bar. I dont think a rider with the skill level of Jarvis would have been able to do those wet and slippery climbs on that tire mousse combo.

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
And that unfortunately is the Race Dads fault, paid those school fees many a time

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
you have not even started paying race dad schoolfees bra .... WAIT ..... YOUR KAK IS COMING ..... FSU!!! just ask BULL
hahaha I know bru I mean I did it to myself with hard mousse setup for lesotho hahaha!! Even your Race dad fees havent started yet they coming soon bra