Not what it appears at first.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Yes or you will be a criminal like Calvin! F U C K MSA once again!

It would have been way more simple to just say, Jeez you are really killing it out there as an ambassador for SA and MX, here is the correct XYZ accompanied by paperwork. . . .

CUNCH OF MSA's!
Exactly my sentiment. It could have all had a different feel just by choosing the words in the statement properly.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
How many employees do they have? - Genuine question.
Cause page 32 @ salaries :icon_rolleyes: :33:
5 MILLION A YEAR IS NOT A LOT , MUST THEY WORK FOR FREE JON? THATS ABOUT R440K A MONTH , LETS ASSUME THEY ALL EARN 15K ( which is a pittance of a salary) A MONTH , YOU TALKING ROUGHLY OF 30 PEOPLE .

wish my salary bill was that a year , ours is 5 times that amount

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
some much hatred here ............. how did msa sort your knee issue out Tiaan ? jy kort n pakslae , kies solank n belt , wag vir my in die kamer
So if my insurance I pay for pays out I must be grateful to them? Surely the insurance company is the one that must be grateful to its client, not the other way around

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
could be worse, they could charge you for insurance and not buy any like other governing bodies in SA

https://www.bikehub.co.za/topic/168504-wtf-csa/
like womza ?

OPTION 1 - R100, 000 Cover - R 4 230.00 Per Annum
OPTION 2 - R150, 000 Cover - R 5 650.00 Per Annum
OPTION 3 - R200,000 Cover - R 7 042.00 Per Annum
No Medical - Government Hospital
Own Medical Aid cover(Please supply medical aid number in next field)

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
5 MILLION A YEAR IS NOT A LOT , MUST THEY WORK FOR FREE JON? THATS ABOUT R440K A MONTH , LETS ASSUME THEY ALL EARN 15K ( which is a pittance of a salary) A MONTH , YOU TALKING ROUGHLY OF 30 PEOPLE .

wish my salary bill was that a year , ours is 5 times that amount
Stop shouting...

You're missing what I am saying.
You said that entry numbers are down, which I agree with, but how do they manage to slightly increase the salary amount from 2015 to 2016? Yes inflation. But where do they get the funding from then?

You 'assuming' that they have 30 employees is just as valid as me assuming they have 5.

Page 24 - Project funding from 2015 to 2016 almost halved.
But their salaries on Page 32, from 2015 to 2016 went slightly up.

Bad economy and lack of spare cash is a major factor effecting entries in the sport. With that being said, just like my experience with MSSA (different governing body/avenue), they have the wrong people elected to do the decision making.

This country has so much talent, but IMO, the only way a rider can make it without the help of MSA is to get a factory ride (like Wade and Travis).

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
So if my insurance I pay for pays out I must be grateful to them? Surely the insurance company is the one that must be grateful to its client, not the other way around
when something happens you will be grateful , been down this rode , i was very grateful

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
we should just do away with governing bodies then , seems they not needed as i am the only one pro MSA , surely our saffers racing overseas can then just somehow get a FIM license somewhere else to compete international , then MSA can be disbanded and not follow any international standards and requirements .

was lekker once to see the motogp and Formula races in south africa , and to see our guys competing in overseas events like Brad binder etc etc .

sadly they too have to abide to local laws and legislation , as well as international fim/fia rules , so surely this rant and hatred should extend to those federations to as they Govern Motorsport SA ?

how much money is MSA pocketing a year ?
No one said do away with them. Rather that they should learn how to deal with matters in a less aggressive manner. The dow2n slide of MSA license bought I reckon is mostly due to all the nonsense you read about them on various platforms.

I will agree that msa events are run well. I will see this week end again what its like now as Ive been out of their events for some time now. I can state for a fact that most guys using womza dont do things right. Its all just to tick a box and lets move on and "race".

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
when something happens you will be grateful , been down this rode , i was very grateful
You are missing the point here. I for damn sure am not going to be impressed with my insurance because they pay out. Its what I pay for and its what its there for. Possibly comparing things of being the south african way and then being impressed when something is slightly done the right way?

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Look at national sporting numbers in our sport , compare them to 10 or 15 and 20 years ago , there is just not the same support and riders anymore , without revenue one cannot do much , its like running your won business , one cuts the cloth to suite
So then make kak comments in statements with no thought applied. That will help your numbers???

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually FFS Bull...
Unless he is cleaning it up a bit

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
remember Motorsport is considered a "white elitist sport" , they dont get government funding that i am aware of , maybe they should re think this strategy and help some of the local " black riders" rather and try get some funding from the government or from Lotto for this

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
remember Motorsport is considered a "white elitist sport" , they dont get government funding that i am aware of , maybe they should re think this strategy and help some of the local " black riders" rather and try get some funding from the government or from Lotto for this
I thought this was in effect already? Across various motorsports I have spotted "development" riders/drivers.

- - - Updated - - -

But you are still missing the OP though. We all going off on a tangent

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
You are missing the point here. I for damn sure am not going to be impressed with my insurance because they pay out. Its what I pay for and its what its there for. Possibly comparing things of being the south african way and then being impressed when something is slightly done the right way?

i was not impressed at all , sad actually , but very grateful , two different things , if it was a womza event that Ghislain passed away in i would have been in a very different financial position .

Ghislains funeral cost us over R75k , that was covered by the death benefit they paid , my own funeral policy at work only covered 10k as he was under 16 .

- - - Updated - - -

If I support your point of view can I get a big chunk of that 25 Bar a year salary bill ? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
will you work underground on a drilling machine ?

- - - Updated - - -

Stay on topic FSS.
STFU , and say please , dont be rude

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
i was not impressed at all , sad actually , but very grateful , two different things , if it was a womza event that Ghislain passed away in i would have been in a very different financial position .

Ghislains funeral cost us over R75k , that was covered by the death benefit they paid , my own funeral policy at work only covered 10k as he was under 16 .

- - - Updated - - -

will you work underground on a drilling machine ?
I know exactly what you mean Dean, and that's my point. You are "grateful" as there are bad stories to compare to where there was non payment etc. But to give the company a pat on the back over and over again because they did what they were supposed to do and condone them to state things the way they wish, this in itself causes issues in the various sports we all love.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Stop shouting...

You're missing what I am saying.
You said that entry numbers are down, which I agree with, but how do they manage to slightly increase the salary amount from 2015 to 2016? Yes inflation. But where do they get the funding from then?

You 'assuming' that they have 30 employees is just as valid as me assuming they have 5.

Page 24 - Project funding from 2015 to 2016 almost halved.
But their salaries on Page 32, from 2015 to 2016 went slightly up.

Bad economy and lack of spare cash is a major factor effecting entries in the sport. With that being said, just like my experience with MSSA (different governing body/avenue), they have the wrong people elected to do the decision making.

This country has so much talent, but IMO, the only way a rider can make it without the help of MSA is to get a factory ride (like Wade and Travis).
yes i assumed , actually we are all assuming here ...

according to their webpage they have 12 staff members , and once again assume they have cleaners and drivers and tea ladies etc not included in that figure , but lets work on the 12

thats about 36k CTC average per person , not a huge salary actually.