Not what it appears at first.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
one thing about MSA there complaint was not made public , was done correctly through "youth stream" , seems the rider himself made it public , was that unprofessional on his part , who knows , i wont really judge him , all i can say there are rules and regulations pertaining to the flag , and these need to be adhered to , he rides under the msa banner , so surely they have the right to complain , address and fix it it either way , going public was not the right way , it just did more harm than good .

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
like womza ?

OPTION 1 - R100, 000 Cover - R 4 230.00 Per Annum
OPTION 2 - R150, 000 Cover - R 5 650.00 Per Annum
OPTION 3 - R200,000 Cover - R 7 042.00 Per Annum
No Medical - Government Hospital
Own Medical Aid cover(Please supply medical aid number in next field)
they charged all of the licence holders for insurance and then did not pay Hollard for the insurance, so riders were riding thinking they were covered but were not.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
yes i assumed , actually we are all assuming here ...

according to their webpage they have 12 staff members , and once again assume they have cleaners and drivers and tea ladies etc not included in that figure , but lets work on the 12

thats about 36k CTC average per person , not a huge salary actually.
I couldn't care less about how much they earn.
The reason for the post is to promote our riders/athletes and put them on the world stage.

Why does MSA half the project funding, maintain their salary figure but don't offer to help South African athletes, whether that is financially or some other form of promotion for said athlete.

I hate saying athlete, due to the fact that we have 2349023904 Facebook athlete pages. My definition of athlete is Blake, Wade, Travis, etc.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
they charged all of the licence holders for insurance and then did not pay Hollard for the insurance, so riders were riding thinking they were covered but were not.
Serious? What's your source on this? That is sickening if it is true.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean Dean, and that's my point. You are "grateful" as there are bad stories to compare to where there was non payment etc. But to give the company a pat on the back over and over again because they did what they were supposed to do and condone them to state things the way they wish, this in itself causes issues in the various sports we all love.
its not about patting them on the back as they doing what they supposed to , its about promoting whats right and whats wrong , i shudder sometimes thinking of some of those youngsters out there racing some non sanctioned events , and sanctioned ones for that matter when things are not in place , and there is nothing to cover them , it scares the shit out of me , its why i cannot go to the offroad racers anymore , incidents happy very quickly , and sometimes very rarely they go south and the worst thing imaginable happens , most riders and parents say , it will never happen to me , but sadly it does , in my lifetime i hope it never happens to a rider again , but this is a sad aspect to our sport ............. its not if , its the when . Random things happen to random people .

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
its not about patting them on the back as they doing what they supposed to , its about promoting whats right and whats wrong , i shudder sometimes thinking of some of those youngsters out there racing some non sanctioned events , and sanctioned ones for that matter when things are not in place , and there is nothing to cover them , it scares the shit out of me , its why i cannot go to the offroad racers anymore , incidents happy very quickly , and sometimes very rarely they go south and the worst thing imaginable happens , most riders and parents say , it will never happen to me , but sadly it does , in my lifetime i hope it never happens to a rider again , but this is a sad aspect to our sport ............. its not if , its the when . Random things happen to random people .
I hear you. Im signing off on this one as its bringing up other issues and emotions which was not my intention. Sorry Dean.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about how much they earn.
The reason for the post is to promote our riders/athletes and put them on the world stage.

Why does MSA half the project funding, maintain their salary figure but don't offer to help South African athletes, whether that is financially or some other form of promotion for said athlete.

I hate saying athlete, due to the fact that we have 2349023904 Facebook athlete pages. My definition of athlete is Blake, Wade, Travis, etc.
lets half their salaries so we can fund the sport then , wonder how that poor employee will feel ? wonder how many of our other athletes are actually funded from other arenas like swimming athletics etc etc ( and no not rugby or soccer as that is now a business and there is vast supplies of money to help that )

one must look at this realistically , why does they company you work for not help Wade in the form of a sponsorship ? or is it not their responsibility . the fact remains the funding of this is a problem , withdrawel of sponsors and donations etc , all has an impact , our economy is not at its best and all these pose a problem to the funding .

Its left up to the likes of the factory teams , and aftermarket sales to help these guys , and even they are battling

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I hear you. Im signing off on this one as its bringing up other issues and emotions which was not my intention. Sorry Dean.
dont apologize we all entitled to an opinion with hard feelings taking place , this is my dilema i find myself in and deal with it on a daily basis , thankfully i have a family out there many on this forum who i lean on often to get through my daily hiccups . its why i still ride . sometimes i take things seriously this is just one of those topics , and i dont want to be treated any differently because of it , if i am wrong people are entitled to say so or correct facts , we are still grown ups here (sometimes)

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
dont apologize we all entitled to an opinion with hard feelings taking place , this is my dilema i find myself in and deal with it on a daily basis , thankfully i have a family out there many on this forum who i lean on often to get through my daily hiccups . its why i still ride . sometimes i take things seriously this is just one of those topics , and i dont want to be treated any differently because of it , if i am wrong people are entitled to say so or correct facts , we are still grown ups here (sometimes)
:thumbs up:

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
one thing about MSA there complaint was not made public , was done correctly through "youth stream" , seems the rider himself made it public , was that unprofessional on his part , who knows , i wont really judge him , all i can say there are rules and regulations pertaining to the flag , and these need to be adhered to , he rides under the msa banner , so surely they have the right to complain , address and fix it it either way , going public was not the right way , it just did more harm than good .
I bit my tongue earlier, but when i read the first post it did come off as the stereotypical mx-demigod attitude

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I can tell you that the local MX riders almost without exception aren't to pleased. Moving along.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I can tell you that the local MX riders almost without exception aren't to pleased. Moving along.
well i hope not all MX riders use the language he did in his interview , to think young kids look up to him and idolize him , after seeing that , i decided it best not to even support him going forward as he sets a bad example to our youth , typical spoilt brat attitude , our kids are going to end up just like him , the British brats and american brats . You dont see this from our other international riders.

one wonders if the sponsors condone this attitude and language while representing their brands

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
DEAN_232. I was referring all along to the way MSA handled the particular issue at hand. They messed up. I never referred to insurance, language, sponsors, USA brats, British brats, Bitcoin, our other international riders, banting, making curry with braai meat, the flavour of the annum WRT which bike to ride, putting pineapple on pizza, thumb throttles, newbie ride date or even your spelling and grandma. Focus.:asshole:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
DEAN_232. I was referring all along to the way MSA handled the particular issue at hand. They messed up. I never referred to insurance, language, sponsors, USA brats, British brats, Bitcoin, our other international riders, banting, making curry with braai meat, the flavour of the annum WRT which bike to ride, putting pineapple on pizza, thumb throttles, newbie ride date or even your spelling and grandma. Focus.:asshole:

how did they handle it publicly or in private ? would like to see the complaint , can you get us a copy so we all actually know what the facts are ...... thank you we know you can get this for us it will put everything into perspective , and as usual you must have known that it would veer of , just like every other topic posted here

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
how did they handle it publicly or in private ? would like to see the complaint , can you get us a copy so we all actually know what the facts are ...... thank you we know you can get this for us it will put everything into perspective , and as usual you must have known that it would veer of , just like every other topic posted here
Will get down on it.:thumbs up: