Now Gold and Silver have to qualify for Roof - WTF

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
(This is a Roof of Africa Silver and Gold Qualifier event - for more details email klint@powasol.co.za)

Taken from the Northfield Extreme page- I hope this is just Mills looking for entries because if not it would be a very stupid move by the organizers, just another nail in the coffin. Idiotic :icon_mad:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
(This is a Roof of Africa Silver and Gold Qualifier event - for more details email klint@powasol.co.za)

Taken from the Northfield Extreme page- I hope this is just Mills looking for entries because if not it would be a very stupid move by the organizers, just another nail in the coffin. Idiotic :icon_mad:
Will be very easy to qualify as there are a total of 30 entries for this event across all classes!

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Ten Bar I think due to be MSA its same same as previous. If you havnt done a roof before, or you havnt entered a Silver or gold in last 4 years.

So he is just selling it. Same as a national finish i think.

But also think they trying everything as they only have 30 entries. . . .

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but how can 3 laps of a sand quarry qualify you for the ROA- :icon_e_confused:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

That doesnt make sense as the post this morning said the track is of such a nature that week end wobblers and kids can do it (or something like that)?
Slim can you clarify the story behind being a ROA qualifier?

Slim

Forum Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Gents

Thanks for tagging me in.

So two years ago MSA and some of the clubs decided to put a qualification process in place to help help alleviate Roof bottle necks etc. We all agreed that a qualifier for bronze would be a great idea and its certainly been a great success.

As for Silver and Gold we all know that ones that dont do the qualifier then enter silver just to be in the mix. This besides for a mess on track is a huge safety issue. Needless to say we offered to help prepare riders for Roof in the Gold and Silver classes.

We run Extreme Enduro and EnduroX facets, in our opinion if you have the tools and fitness to complete one of our events at the Silver / Expert or Pro / Gold level you will be capable of completing or competing in the Silver and Gold categories.

Ten Bar I have no idea who I am talking to and you are welcome to call me at any point 0715249652 to discuss your concerns, I would like to know if you have completed one of our Silver or Gold events? If so which one?

No matter what your concerns are we are here to create as much positivity in our sport as possible, we've had our lessons and have paid dearly for those lessons but not once have we quit, not once have we not stopped trying and not once have we run the sport into disrepute. I encourage you to walk a day in my shoes prior, on the day and after any event. We are not a club we are a business and rely on entrants, sponsors and spectators to participate to keep us sustainable.

Our events are not cheap to run and we will do whatever it takes to encourage entries and riders to leave the Roof of Africa successful. Like the idea or not, those who have benefitted probably do not partake in this forum, but they are most certain out there.

Never the less yes we are once agin scrambling for entries, if we weren't it wouldn't be another challenged day in KZN Motorsport, I cannot wait to bring our events to the Gauteng, we have had a successful NiteX series and we cannot wait to bring our theme to the Gauteng. We hope to share our excitement for the sport with all Gautengerlings.

We are up to 40 entries since last night, 3 days before the event. I'm hoping to reach 60 entries. This is not a common format that we are promoting, it is brand new and I cannot expect the masses to trust my way of thinking. It took some event organisers in Europe 10 - 20 years to make a statement, we will do what it takes.

Have a tremendous day

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Good Morning Gents

So two years ago MSA and some of the clubs decided to put a qualification process in place to help help alleviate Roof bottle necks etc. We all agreed that a qualifier for bronze would be a great idea and its certainly been a great success.

As for Silver and Gold we all know that ones that dont do the qualifier then enter silver just to be in the mix. This besides for a mess on track is a huge safety issue. Needless to say we offered to help prepare riders for Roof in the Gold and Silver classes.

We run Extreme Enduro and EnduroX facets, in our opinion if you have the tools and fitness to complete one of our events at the Silver / Expert or Pro / Gold level you will be capable of completing or competing in the Silver and Gold categories.

Ten Bar I have no idea who I am talking to and you are welcome to call me at any point 0715249652 to discuss your concerns, I would like to know if you have completed one of our Silver or Gold events? If so which one?

No matter what your concerns are we are here to create as much positivity in our sport as possible, we've had our lessons and have paid dearly for those lessons but not once have we quit, not once have we not stopped trying and not once have we run the sport into disrepute. I encourage you to walk a day in my shoes prior, on the day and after any event. We are not a club we are a business and rely on entrants, sponsors and spectators to participate to keep us sustainable.

Our events are not cheap to run and we will do whatever it takes to encourage entries and riders to leave the Roof of Africa successful. Like the idea or not, those who have benefitted probably do not partake in this forum, but they are most certain out there.

Never the less yes we are once agin scrambling for entries, if we weren't it wouldn't be another challenged day in KZN Motorsport, I cannot wait to bring our events to the Gauteng, we have had a successful NiteX series and we cannot wait to bring our theme to the Gauteng. We hope to share our excitement for the sport with all Gautengerlings.

We are up to 40 entries since last night, 3 days before the event. I'm hoping to reach 60 entries. This is not a common format that we are promoting, it is brand new and I cannot expect the masses to trust my way of thinking. It took some event organisers in Europe 10 - 20 years to make a statement, we will do what it takes.

Have a tremendous day
:thumbs up:

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Gents

As i understand it, this has not been the case for a few years. thought you needed to qualify for silver and gold, either by previously completing a roof (any category) or completing a national enduro. It looks like this is just adding more options for qualifying and so making it (possibly) cheaper than entering a national enduro. What i am unsure of is if the other option of qualifying by having previously entered a roof still stands? If it doesn't and you now need to qualify each year i agree with the nail/coffin statement

shark_za

Forum Member
Reaction score
They have expanded the "National Class Finish" to completing similar level events like Impi Silver. I think EnduroX will just add to your motivation to be allowed into Silver/Gold; very different but it shows you can ride a bike.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
They have expanded the "National Class Finish" to completing similar level events like Impi Silver. I think EnduroX will just add to your motivation to be allowed into Silver/Gold; very different but it shows you can ride a bike.
While I agree that the EnduroX events can be tough, there is no comparison to all day in the saddle for a multi day event such as The Roof.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head with the "motivation" part. I have entered many different formats of racing or competition that requires a "qualifying criteria" but by knowing people and speaking to the right ones, you can get in without this.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
While I agree that the EnduroX events can be tough, there is no comparison to all day in the saddle for a multi day event such as The Roof.
Its a complete different type of fitness. Track racing in general needs a huge push quickly and your gas tank will take a much bigger pounding than say a 4 hour ride. Of course difficulty comes to play as well. But heart rate wise, track format definitely gets the beats way higher as you cannot slow down or control the elements the same way as you can "out there"

- - - Updated - - -

As i understand it, this has not been the case for a few years. thought you needed to qualify for silver and gold, either by previously completing a roof (any category) or completing a national enduro. It looks like this is just adding more options for qualifying and so making it (possibly) cheaper than entering a national enduro. What i am unsure of is if the other option of qualifying by having previously entered a roof still stands? If it doesn't and you now need to qualify each year i agree with the nail/coffin statement
I reckon its all about getting the numbers higher hey.