Off road bike licenses

pat218

Forum Member
Reaction score
My brother and I both had yz250f's, which where in my fathers name as he bought them for us.
They where sold between 2011/2013, with the new owners going to change the ownership details.
Today my dad tried to renew this drivers license and they said he could not due to outstanding fees.

I have found they engine/chaasis numbers for both bikes. Has anyone had similar issues to this, what can be done as I don't want to pay the outstanding fees. Is there a way to track the details of the bike etc etc.
Need help please.

Thanks
Pat

MRGL

Forum Member
Reaction score
i had a similar situation with a cara few years ago, the only option the licensing centre had at the time was to export the car from the natis system.

I filled in a few forms and that was that.

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
Normally if fees are owed you will need to first pay it up to date, you then get affidavit confirming you sold the bike with the bike details and that you dont have the new owners details. then go to the traffic department in your area ( must be nearest where you stay ) and they will take it off your name.

Im in the process of doing the same thing.

pat218

Forum Member
Reaction score
How do I find out which bike it is, there are two bikes that it can possibly be. I looked online for a vin checker, but they all seem to charge?
Thanks

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
I talk from experience:

1. Go in and pay the outstanding fees (there is no other way you have to pay them) This will also give you 1 year to sort out the issues.
2. Ask them for a printout of all the vehicles on your dads name
3. Select the 2 Motorcycles and ask or apply for copies of the green reg documents (Tell them you have misplaced them)
4. Once you have the Green Reg docs you wait a few weeks then go back to the licence dept and tell them you want to SCRAP the bikes as they are damaged and too costly to repair (maybe just get a affidavit or a letter from a bike shop stating this)
5. Bikes will be removed off your dads name as they are now scrap
6. Problem Solved. Its a bit of work to get it done but you deserve it for allowing someone to buy your bikes and not changing the ownership within 21 days. :icon_lol:

pat218

Forum Member
Reaction score
Why have they decided to only notify us now, we sold the bikes about 6 years ago from what I can remember and we have renewed the drivers license in that time already with no issues. Seems strange to bring it up now.

Swazi Phil

Forum Member
Reaction score
Something Similar happened to me I had a bike registered in KZN as a student, sold it new owner never changed the details, 10 or so years later I registered another bike in my name, License department did the change of ownership but would not issue the license disc as the first bike was still in my name and needed to pay the fines / licenses, A friendly guy at the the licence department told me to get an affidavit stating I sold the bike, so I paid for one year only and the first bike was taken off my name and I got the new bikes disc. new owner of bike 1 would need to pay for the other years.

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
1. not all on interwebs is factual.
2. Go to Lic Dept, let them check on NaTIS that they are actually off-roaders.
3. Request re-issue of RC1, about R240 per bike.
#3 may not be necessary, if you can convince them that bikes were not supposed to be "licenced" and that RC1 was just a title document. They may scrap the fees. Be friendly and patient.

Most importantly, do not lie to them. Assholes always have clever advice, but perjury is fkn real and these idiots have nfi how law works.

BTW, I have had same issues with bikes, initially. But learnt after first two matters.