Peg feel - Alpinestars Tech5 boots

A

armpump

> Very basic, I can do basic maintenance.
> Basic tools for a basic tool - will see what I can do with what I have. I'm sure I can at least get the carb off and the spark plug out
> What is the best way to check top end?

I run 32:1 with Castrol Power 1. I putt around, so could this perhaps be a sludge buildup from not gassing it hard enough?
Carb, reeds or plug or probably the most likely to be the issue here.
Checked Midas for a BR8EG but they only have ES, and I'm willing to bet my bike has an ES in right now.
armpump - I really don't hope it's top end. While the last owner said it was rebuild not too many hours ago, it's hard to take someone's word for it.
Mark250GP - agreed, that's why I didn't really start a thread for that. This boot thread just deviated a bit. Always better to just have a mate check the bike with me rather than trying to explain symptoms online.
Fires - Beer helps everything. Maybe I'll clean the carb with it

Biggest problem I have is living in a complex, so my working area sucks. And the misses won't like dirty carb bits lying around the house.
But I'll start on the easy stuff, plug, carb and reeds. Then check the top end if that yields no results.

Da ting goes skrr pap pap pap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lufJhtcR4ig

Yes jetting could be out for your riding style and terrain.

jaun.pierre

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yes jetting could be out for your riding style and terrain.
Very likely. Previous owner did enduro riding, he claims the bike was jetted perfectly.
I'm still getting to know the bike, so barely opening the throttle. Perhaps an enduro ride will let me open it up a bit when I get a smooth straight.
Due to the tightness of the MX track, I'm barely using 1/4 throttle before getting the next corner. So with all the slow riding and throttle fear, the carb clogged or plug fouled, or both

jaun.pierre

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just a follow-up on this;

I have since taken my bike to a mate to help me out with the maintenance. The plug was fouled and has been replaced (with a BR8EG)
The carb still needs a clean, and my linkage bearings are way beyond their lifespan. Reeds had some minor chips but can go on for now.

I purchased some All Balls bearings to replace them. Will also be doing brake fluid (DOT4) and transmission oil.
I'll take some pics when we do the carb and everything else. Hope to be riding soon!

Also going to start doing some outrides and give the MX track idea a rest until I'm more confident on the bike