Predictions for Roof entries.

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
With the dates set from 6th-8th December what are your predictions for entries and spectator numbers for 2018? up or down?

My personal opinion was the numbers were down in 2017 due to economic reasons, I rate the place will be empty for 2018 due to economy and dates.

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think entries will go up by 20% for the younger crowd, those that might not be National champions, but good enough to attempt the Roof if they aren't writing Matric finals.

Spectators will be down a tad as it won't be easy to justify a weekend with the pals if you can take the family on hols.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
At the moment it is not part of the super Enduro series (or whatever the name is for the redbull series that ktm is targeting) which means the ktm factory team will not be there so will lose some draw for spectators

Being the legendary roof it will still have reasonable entries and after last years “off-road” event it will swing to the other extreme and be very technical and be won by Jarvis

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
There has always been a much bigger crowd in the early December years than the mid-November years.

Obviously, our crew will be in full attendance for spectator class again. Our standard quarters have already been confirmed!

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
last year i could not make it in Nov , this year i will make it as a spectator/ pit crew . I believe numbers in both the spectators and races will be up

Scully

Forum Member
Reaction score
Entries should be up as last years entries were very low. I think the "off road" route from last year might bolster the numbers for bronze and silver as the weekend warriors will favor there chances at a finish. I think the organizers have deliberately made the routes easier to try and increase numbers. Gold is going get fucked six ways as last years gold route was comparable with a bronze route. If riders increase the speccies should increase as i believe most spectators are family and close friends of the riders.