Rallye Mouses

Stelios

Forum Member
Reaction score
Howzit Guys

I know that the Michellin Rallye Mouses are available in various bike shops (not cheap), are there any other manufacturers that also make rallye type mouses and who sells them?

What are the other alternatives for the big bikes (KTM 690 upwards)

Anyone found some good prices n these type of mouses?

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Stelios , I can supply the Rear Michellin Rallye mousse 140/90-18 for R2000.Call me 08four 7730080

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Metzeler make Rallye mousse's as well, sure most of the manufacturers do.

Other option is Tubliss but get well acquainted with removing and fitting tyres before you enter an event.

ktmpilot

Reaction score
I would not use mousses for this event Stelios. It is not actually a rallye, but simply a navigational outride event. Even the best rallye mousses are going to get fried by the mostly dirt highway and some tar road riding that this event is going to entail. Mousses are recommended for actual rallyes with a lot of cross country, riverbed, single track and off-piste riding where thorn and impact punctures are a risk, but this does not apply to the Trans Maluti.

I would rather recommend Tubliss with Tyre Shield, and then carry a tubeless repair kit in your toolbelt with plugs, gaiters and bombs, and a spare inner tube for if the Tubliss inner tube defaltes from some or other reason.

Stelios

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanx for all the input guys, I hear what you are saying but I do ride Dewildt quite a bit and tend to gravitate toward the more technical terrain, I am not much of a speed freak, but if the opportunity presents itself i will twist the throttle - I guess I am just looking for the best all-round system that's going to work for most if not all applications - sounds like tublis is the way to go long term