Rehab.One more off of the bucket list.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
dont worry about me bud, just focus on yourself and stay clear of the booze. You have to find a replacement for the habit.

If you are concerned about lapsing then ask about a anti-booze implant - not sure if its still done but I remember one of my family members having one.
Yip, my ballie had one of those. Worked for quite a while.

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
It takes big balls Stomps. We done and strongs boet. I also don't like wearing my heart on my sleeve but have some experience from family etc in exactly the same boat, if you need any help or advice PM me if you're keen. Otherwise you are always in our thoughts and prayers. Its a tough thing, but you're a dirty biker so you'll beat it.

Stomps

Forum Member
Reaction score
Guys,not to sound like a girl,but reading through all the posts and all the the help offered literally bought a tear to my eye.Thank you so much.I hope to return it oneday

Stomps

Forum Member
Reaction score
@ Stomps I know what you are going through, I stopped drinking about 4 years ago and for someone struggling with that addiction, you will need something to occupy your time the way that drinking did. At first I had no clue what else to do, because most of my friends, hangouts and activities involved drinking and like minded alcoholics. Once I got passed that obstacle it was easier. Then like most guys here said, take it one day at a time.

Be strong and know you made the right decision, for you and your family.
Shit bud,I know what your saying.I really have no fuckin clue what to do with myself.Getting a road bike tomorrow so hopefully that will help.Thanks for the support okes!

Stomps

Forum Member
Reaction score
Lol,not dopping any more.But your right,road bikes are not a joke.Gonna catch some of you on the trails.
Remember,drop clutch and let rip!

ryanmac

Forum Member
Reaction score
Stomps, no one can know your demons nor begin to understand what you going through even if they've walked 10 miles in your shoes!!!!

Good luck brother and stay strong!!!

Rudi2T

Forum Member
Reaction score
@ Stomps if you're going to ride with other guys, I think the only biker group that doesn't drink is the CMA, but I might be wrong about that group too :)

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
@ Stomps if you're going to ride with other guys, I think the only biker group that doesn't drink is the CMA, but I might be wrong about that group too :)
I think if you are open about your addiction most people will not try to offer you a drink - i often go through spells of not drinking for no particular reason and find that i get offered even more drinks and have more pressure to drink when i do this than when i only have one drink.
And if the guys you are riding with do not respect that then you riding with a bunch of cnuts

Kronos

Forum Member
Reaction score
Stomps - Awesome that you making the change bud, Just keep at it and you will be the better person for it,

Riding does keep you busy and will help with the habbit, My 2c, Bikers on the road love to drink, ride with like minded people, People that respect what you going thru, You are more than welcome to come join us on rides our club members have some experience in your situation,

Keep at it buddy, Im keeping you in our prayers

Dillan 19

Forum Member
Reaction score
Out of the hottest fire comes the strongest steel!!!!
Keep it up bud!!!

Hardest part is always the decision to change... which you've done already!!