Roof 2019 to be organized by Live Lesotho

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Please elaborate?
he did not finish a national enduro to enable him to qualify for silver , thankfully this happened, as i think he would have found the evening accommodation out in the mountains not quite to his standards .

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
he did not finish a national enduro to enable him to qualify for silver , thankfully this happened, as i think he would have found the evening accommodation out in the mountains not quite to his standards .
ozosborne

I always thought you were joking about racing the roof last year.
Were you serious about doing silver for 2018?

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Come on Oz, what happened to Silver?
Its still on the back burner, but its getting further and further away. This year is nuts with the kids activities. So many date clashes, I have already missed 3 races I was dead set on due to family commitments. So saddle time is at an all time low. BUT, other training has started officially this week. So my fitness will be really good, but not ride fitness at the moment. Hopefully this changes soon, fortunately I get conditioned fast and stubborness helps too.

- - - Updated - - -

Very inconsiderate of him!
Charan for choosing that date or my FIL for being born on that day 61 years ago? :icon_lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Please elaborate?
I did the last national enduro in 2018 to qualify for silver in 2019. But I heat seized my motor.

- - - Updated - - -

A National Enduro! :icon_lol:
Be nice. Im trying my best to do the same:thumbs up:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
ozosborne

I always thought you were joking about racing the roof last year.
Were you serious about doing silver for 2018?
Yep, I dont mind a challenge, worst that can happen is I dont finish and I have a lot of suffering to remember and stories to tell.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
What do you know of my standards?

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
What do you know of my standards?
alot - there is no way you going to enjoy sleeping under a rock .... use this dont use it - forget the racing this year - rather look at the more fun rides and the family can go with - man and machine , mountain madalas , matat 2 pont - racing the foof takes huge commitmrnt and training and pleny hours in the saddle - go ride for fun and spend more time with happy faces around you it will also be easier on your pocket ! rather go ride lesotho socialy first before trying to race it !

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
alot - there is no way you going to enjoy sleeping under a rock .... use this dont use it - forget the racing this year - rather look at the more fun rides and the family can go with - man and machine , mountain madalas , matat 2 pont - racing the foof takes huge commitmrnt and training and pleny hours in the saddle - go ride for fun and spend more time with happy faces around you it will also be easier on your pocket ! rather go ride lesotho socialy first before trying to race it !
I will do what I like to do thanks. No one enjoys sleeping under a rock Im sure. But I have endured worse.

Just to be sure you understand, I dont care what you think, I dont do what I do for you or anyone else. I do it for me and I enjoy it. :thumbs up:

If I feel I am ready, I will make a plan, if not, I wont. I definitely dont need any kak comments or opinions. I would put money on the fact that if I do enter and somehow finish, most of you would say it was an easy one anyways:asshole:

Now take your negativity and go play somewhere else.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I will do what I like to do thanks. No one enjoys sleeping under a rock Im sure. But I have endured worse.

Just to be sure you understand, I dont care what you think, I dont do what I do for you or anyone else. I do it for me and I enjoy it. :thumbs up:

If I feel I am ready, I will make a plan, if not, I wont. I definitely dont need any kak comments or opinions. I would put money on the fact that if I do enter and somehow finish, most of you would say it was an easy one anyways:asshole:

sjoe so much of angry - you sure read into things the wrong way - so and you call me an arsehole - you sir can go fuck yourself or get rubber fucked and bounce away !

jeez ....... at least i know now not to bother anymore - never been a negative person even through everything i have had to endure alwsys concentrated on the positives in life - time to move on and not bother about dickheads as they just bring you down with them ! over and out

Last edited:

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score

On this site?? never !!

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
sjoe so much of angry - you sure read into things the wrong way - so and you call me an arsehole - you sir can go fuck yourself or get rubber fucked and bounce away !

jeez ....... at least i know now not to bother anymore - never been a negative person even through everything i have had to endure alwsys concentrated on the positives in life - time to move on and not bother about dickheads as they just bring you down with them ! over and out
No anger, just telling you what to do with your opinion

- - - Updated - - -

On this site?? never !!
:icon_lol:

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
True words Dean!

Pom17

Reaction score
ozosborne

I have not seen you ride. I dont know your skill level.
I do however know that you are stubborn and that you are tough but that you only recently started riding tech terrain.

The guys are just trying to help, maybe not in the nicest way that you would want to hear it.
But please be wise and ride bronze if you are really serious about the roof. I can promise you, if it was anything like 2018, you will be challenged well beyond your expectations and maybe skill level.

I know you said that you do not care about a finish, but Roof is not cheap.
I tried to do it on a budget, using 2nd hand tyres for training and riding with old kit, doing all my maintenance work myself, spending nothing on any cosmetic kak etc.
I set myself a budget of R8k a month. And in the beginning it kind of worked. But towards the middle of the year when my saddle time started to increase I went well beyond that.

Besides the money and the finish. Lesotho as you very well know is also not like any place. You will be riding some dodgy ledges and massive dropoffs. There will be stuff, that if you get it wrong, you can get killed. And I am not exaggerating or being dramatic.

Just my take on it.

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
I say fuck it, if you want to try then try, although one needs a dash of skill and a good fitness level it's mostly in the head.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
ozosborne

I do however know that you are stubborn and that you are tough but that you only recently started riding tech terrain.

The guys are just trying to help, maybe not in the nicest way that you would want to hear it.
But please be wise and ride bronze if you are really serious about the roof. I can promise you, if it was anything like 2018, you will be challenged well beyond your expectations and maybe skill level.

I tried to do it on a budget, using 2nd hand tyres for training and riding with old kit, doing all my maintenance work myself, spending nothing on any cosmetic kak etc.
I set myself a budget of R8k a month. And in the beginning it kind of worked. But towards the middle of the year when my saddle time started to increase I went well beyond that.

Besides the money and the finish. Lesotho as you very well know is also not like any place. You will be riding some dodgy ledges and massive dropoffs. There will be stuff, that if you get it wrong, you can get killed. And I am not exaggerating or being dramatic.

Just my take on it.
Now that's some genuine good advice!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
ozosborne

Just my take on it.
Thanks for the constructive advice. I completely hear what you are saying. The only reason I thought of going silver was to miss the qualifier and not risk of doing it and getting barred due to bottle necks etc. (Im not aggressive to the point where I will force my way past queues etc. So that could have bitten me in the ass. So I figured do the national and get the entry in.

Not to sound arrogant or anything like that. The money is an issue, but at the same time not if that makes sense? I raced national quads, so the costs on the 2 wheels is way less and I figure its worth it.

My skill set is suspect to say the least. But as you have mentioned, my stubborness to keep going till I am time barred is what I always count on. Plus Im relatively fit compared to most of the guys I know, even though at the moment this is way down.

Saddle time has been almost zero this year. As mentioned the ROA for me this year seems to be dwindling. But if somehow I see later in the year I can squeeze it in, I will give it a bash.

From a fitness point of view I will be sharp come June. I have so many things going on. Ive started Jits again as my son has joined me, Im really chuffed about that. Still got my usual daily morning training. I have comrades and sky run booked and paid for and I am entering the UTD160 today. These events will keep me in line to stop all the bad habits and put my head down.

As for riding, trying to make a weekly ride with one of my mates planning gold this year and Im entering where I can.

Let's see how it goes.

As for Deans chirp about not enjoying sleeping in the mountains:icon_lol::icon_lol: I love that shit and have done it before, plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

I say fuck it, if you want to try then try, although one needs a dash of skill and a good fitness level it's mostly in the head.
Exactly. Odd how most guys here will make comments about "his money his bike" etc. But dont dare do different to them:33:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I see there are already 212 entries for the qualifier on racecontrol

Where do the guys find out about cost etc? No regs up yet.

Pom17

Reaction score
Quali last year was R1800