Roof of Africa 2019

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
He told me 8 at the scrutineering.

This was a great roof for riders as well as crew and spectators. I came stone last but my medal doesn't have a comments field ;o) .
Yours looks the same as they guy in 4th. Well done

shark_za

Forum Member
Reaction score
I was not last "on the road" on Saturday so he got my award ;o), but spent a lot of time on Friday helping a friend get to the end.
Overall timing has me doing 21 hours. Big thanks to the Raceworks guys who rode with me to the DSP's each day; the pace setting helped.

Doing 130km on Friday and 112km Saturday still got us into the remote areas of Lesotho, the route was actually very good and you needed to be able to ride step ups, off camber and down hills; sort of what you expect the level to be. It was not a walk in the park by any measure.
If you were an average to good rider and could ride everything with no mistakes; and if pressed on a little and had a basic level of ride fitness then you would be able to make it.

shark_za

Forum Member
Reaction score
The pit crews appreciated the facilities and are already planning next years trip down.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Day 2 as in day 1 of the race or day 2 as in day 3 of the race??
huh ? , basically he crashed on Friday , he managed round the houses and the TT which was Thursday , on Friday he 40km into the race and lost concentration or fell asleep ( not to sure ) but all due to his nutritional advice on the Banting thread and poesed off . or maybe it was the crappy husqvarna suspenders , this never happened when he was on a KTM .... just saying .

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Day 2 as in day 1 of the race or day 2 as in day 3 of the race??
Roof is 3 days of riding.

Day 1 - RTH / TT / EnduroX
Day 2 - Full offroad day
Day 3 - Full offroad day

I crashed on Day 2, after about 40Km.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Awesome!!!

Was kak watching, so badly wanted to take part rather. The bronze seemed achievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, saw some footage from the helicopter. Crazy shit!!!
Bronze really did open up to a bigger crowd than previous years, so give it a go. :thumbs up:
Time bars were well calculated and easy achievable.

I was not last "on the road" on Saturday so he got my award ;o), but spent a lot of time on Friday helping a friend get to the end.
Overall timing has me doing 21 hours. Big thanks to the Raceworks guys who rode with me to the DSP's each day; the pace setting helped.

Doing 130km on Friday and 112km Saturday still got us into the remote areas of Lesotho, the route was actually very good and you needed to be able to ride step ups, off camber and down hills; sort of what you expect the level to be. It was not a walk in the park by any measure.
If you were an average to good rider and could ride everything with no mistakes; and if pressed on a little and had a basic level of ride fitness then you would be able to make it.

Agree

huh ? , basically he crashed on Friday , he managed round the houses and the TT which was Thursday , on Friday he 40km into the race and lost concentration or fell asleep ( not to sure ) but all due to his nutritional advice on the Banting thread and poesed off . or maybe it was the crappy husqvarna suspenders , this never happened when he was on a KTM .... just saying .
:icon_lol:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Roof is 3 days of riding.

Day 1 - RTH / TT / EnduroX
Day 2 - Full offroad day
Day 3 - Full offroad day

I crashed on Day 2, after about 40Km.
:thumbs up:

Was wondering why you didnt race "day 1" I figured time trial i snot so much part of the race as such. Especially considering it was under an hour for a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually a Time Trial and 2 days.
That's the way I see it.

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see the TV coverage of the Roof on channel 189- I would like to hear comments, All i know is what i saw is a total disgrace.

Rage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see the TV coverage of the Roof on channel 189- I would like to hear comments, All i know is what i saw is a total disgrace.
I would also like to hear comments. Because i couldn’t hear shit on the coverage. The sound guy needs too be axed.