Roof of Africa 2019

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Last two rides done this weekend, I’m ready for The Roof!

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
two more rides - one on saturday with gary and his wife mitch , then sunday with Ron , then pack and get ready

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I'm truely amased BB, what about trailer time :icon_eek:
as you would have noticed on saturday , I have handed over those duties to Gary and his wife Mitch , you rode with your son , so can understand why you only did loop 1 and not loop 2 , they on the other hand had no excuse .

GMan

Forum Member
Reaction score
as you would have noticed on saturday , I have handed over those duties to Gary and his wife Mitch , you rode with your son , so can understand why you only did loop 1 and not loop 2 , they on the other hand had no excuse .
It was after 11h00, and the beers were cold.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
I see that Wade just beat Jarvis at the Uncle Hard Enduro in Phillipines. They were also the only two pro's to finish (they were the two big names, but there was quite a long list of romaniacs gold level class riders) because of heavy rains, so it looks like wade is prepared for a wet roof

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
I see that Wade just beat Jarvis at the Uncle Hard Enduro in Phillipines. They were also the only two pro's to finish (they were the two big names, but there was quite a long list of romaniacs gold level class riders) because of heavy rains, so it looks like wade is prepared for a wet roof
Wade finished day 1, dry, ahead of Jarvis.
After the two of them finished the rains came and prevented the rest of the competitors from completing the race. Tim Coleman, the trials riding Aussie, was also in the mix
So day 2 was a wet one from the previous day. Jarvis took day 2 but the overall time favoured Wade.

So would say Jarvis is still ahead when it comes to wet terrain and think he will still be for quite some time.
Think the distances will favour Wade at ROA though.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Wade finished day 1, dry, ahead of Jarvis.
After the two of them finished the rains came and prevented the rest of the competitors from completing the race. Tim Coleman, the trials riding Aussie, was also in the mix
So day 2 was a wet one from the previous day. Jarvis took day 2 but the overall time favoured Wade.

So would say Jarvis is still ahead when it comes to wet terrain and think he will still be for quite some time.
Think the distances will favour Wade at ROA though.
Ok, I'm glad you managed to work out the results. I looked at the website but it didn't make any sense so just went with the podium

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Ok, I'm glad you managed to work out the results. I looked at the website but it didn't make any sense so just went with the podium
Think I saw the news on Instagram

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I actually followed most of it live on their Instagram page.

The rain came before the race on day 1 which delayed the start. Only 2 finishers within the cut off time.

Wade beat Jarvis by rougly 15min on day one and not sure about the time on the 2nd day but obviously jarvis couldnt make up the 15min. Even stevens in my book for the race but if the rocs are wet im also banking on the Oom to take the checkered at the Roof but still hope that Wade will be at the top step regardless of weather.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
I see WY is on a 125 for this year.
saw that on FB, but think it is BS/marketing the only time you see top riders on anything other than 250/300 is when they are not a podium contender and they are doing it for marketing points. And the pilot is always Wild Will :icon_lol:

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Checking out Fridays route- would I be wrong in saying there is only 1 DSP at around the 60k mark. And then the riders are on their own. This is not such a good idea as it leaves the Gold rider 120 km in 37 degree heat with zero assistance along the way. maybe i am wrong but i don't see a 2nd or 3 rd DSP on Friday only unassisted refuels. Wonder what the service crew is going to do the whole day just waiting for their riders at the finish.

shark_za

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looks like 1xDSP and 2x unassisted yes.
Whats the ruling on assistance at the unassisted stops?

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Exactly as it says, the rider may not receive any assistance, he must also refuel his bike on his own unless the organizers have supplied helpers in the designated area. If he has a breakdown he must do it himself- NO ASSISTANCE. As far as the rules he may not even get spares given to him by his crew. There is going to be some spy's at these points armed with their cell phone cameras that is for sure. Sorry to say but only 1 DSP in the entire day is irresponsible , especially with the expected temps.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I think they have to fuel or work on there own bikes, no crew or spectators can help with this. I'm sure the service crews are allowed to be there to give them food and a fresh hydropack.

Hein Van

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Do you know of any late cancellations. Im looking for 2x2 rooms or a spot to pitch tent. Late possibility now to go and spectate. Tks
Watsup me on 08two4105five4zero