Roof of Africa 2020

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
With predictions of SA borders staying closed till Feb 21 I guess this will not be happening ... or it will be the year it is won by a Basotho

CycleC

Forum Member
Reaction score
A small lesson- 1 is Mosotho , 2 are Basotho- And Yes Patrick "King of the Mountains" Andrews won the Roof. So Yes a MOSOTHO has won the Roof. - (y)(y)(y)(y). Now that school is over I also doubt the ROA will happen. The borders are locked down and Covid is spreading big time in Lesotho, Its a sad situation. 4 Months with no work and still no one has an idea when the borders will open. :(:confused:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Hey @CycleC good to see you still hanging around Moto101. It really is a sad situation and I cannot see the Roof happening this year. We were hoping the Retro Roof would happen when it was cancelled earlier this year but no chance of that either.

Rage

Forum Member
Reaction score
1hr ago on Motul Roof of Africas facebook page :

"2020 edition Motul Roof of Africa information to be released soon. Watch this space. And in the mean time stay safe"

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
A small lesson- 1 is Mosotho , 2 are Basotho- And Yes Patrick "King of the Mountains" Andrews won the Roof. So Yes a MOSOTHO has won the Roof. - (y)(y)(y)(y). Now that school is over I also doubt the ROA will happen. The borders are locked down and Covid is spreading big time in Lesotho, Its a sad situation. 4 Months with no work and still no one has an idea when the borders will open. :(:confused:
I see my grammar (English and Southern Sotho) wasn’t up to spec, I knew about Andrews the Lesotho crew at the last roof covered that sorry about that

Just curious though, was Patrick Andrews a full citizen or a only a resident?

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I feel that SA numbers will decline going forward.

I also feel that Lesotho' is banking on the income . . .

MSA has already given the go ahead and racing calendar (according to FB) seems to be resuming this month?

I think it will all boil down to the border closure in Lesotho and their numbers in a months time or so.

Still 3 months to go before the first weekend in December and a lot can happen in 120days.

CycleC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Numsch, ja I haven't logged on in ages , I like the new look of the site (y). Swazi - Yes Patrick (RIP) was a fully fledged Mosotho, born and bred in Lesotho. Both his parents Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Doreen where also born in Lesotho and still live in Morija. As T Man said it will all boil down to whether or not the border opens. Talk is next year. In all honesty to put a "condensed version" of the Roof together would take no more than 30-40 full days so if the borders open it could be done, marking is the thing that takes the most time so if they make a shorter tougher track it would help. My personal opinion is It wont happen in 2020 but not the fault of the organizers. It will solely depend on the borders and the covid numbers at the time, Covid is running rampant in LS, its everywhere now and climbing.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Numbers are very low but nobody knows how accurate these stats are and I suspect very little testing is happening.

Lesotho Covid.PNG

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
I feel that SA numbers will decline going forward.

I also feel that Lesotho' is banking on the income . . .

MSA has already given the go ahead and racing calendar (according to FB) seems to be resuming this month?

I think it will all boil down to the border closure in Lesotho and their numbers in a months time or so.

Still 3 months to go before the first weekend in December and a lot can happen in 120days.
TMan, did you do arithmetic at school :sneaky: