Roof of Africa 2020

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Enter the October Impi as an insurance policy, I think its going to be right up there with the Roof in terms of the terrain and standard of riding.
I have learned to not plan riding events or racing. . . I would like to do the impi but have way too much going on at the moment to commit.

And as for the roof, I spent the money on upgrading my bike instead of racing. Nothing beats the feeling of a freshie! :)

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
I have learned to not plan riding events or racing. . . I would like to do the impi but have way too much going on at the moment to commit.

And as for the roof, I spent the money on upgrading my bike instead of racing. Nothing beats the feeling of a freshie! :)
^^^^^^^^this is a good idea/plan...

I am holding out for a 100mile trail run next month, but 5 months of training and prep and we will only know in 2 weeks if the event will happen- it is a shit show. Mentally it is hard to train for a maybe, budgeting and sponsor commitments are tricky to negotiate with unknowns, accommodation will only be booked last minute because I don't wanna pay deposits for a 'maybe'.

Honestly 2-3 times a week I consider just putting the idea of the event out of my mind and moving on.

I can imagine it is an even bigger 'if' with international travel and the outlay in prep for something like Roof is a lot higher- tyres, mousses, engine rebuilds, spares, big training rides that are hard on bikes and gear.

At least trail run prep is cheap, lots of time, a few pairs of shoes and lots of energy drinks/bars.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score

Except if you playing golf :icon_lol:

BlankieMan

Team ACTNET Rider
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^this is a good idea/plan...

I am holding out for a 100mile trail run next month, but 5 months of training and prep and we will only know in 2 weeks if the event will happen- it is a shit show. Mentally it is hard to train for a maybe, budgeting and sponsor commitments are tricky to negotiate with unknowns, accommodation will only be booked last minute because I don't wanna pay deposits for a 'maybe'.

Honestly 2-3 times a week I consider just putting the idea of the event out of my mind and moving on.

I can imagine it is an even bigger 'if' with international travel and the outlay in prep for something like Roof is a lot higher- tyres, mousses, engine rebuilds, spares, big training rides that are hard on bikes and gear.

At least trail run prep is cheap, lots of time, a few pairs of shoes and lots of energy drinks/bars.

based on 100mile trail run .........

This I consider just putting the idea of the event out of my mind and moving on.

is a very clever idea.

Infact why it was ever in your mind makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
borders opening soon, does that mean it is on again? Or will you only be able to leave SA and not enter Lesotho?

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Ok, so who is gonna enter and who is gonna take the win this year?

Brett swanepoel on fire this weekend and that kid deserves a win big time! Teasdale always a favorite but he lacks consistency and cannot finish a race it seems. (or at least not without breaking the bike)

Flanagan - the nice guy taking some time out to take care of family matters as he surely has what it takes to win

Bouverie always a contender when shit gets tough!

Who am i Missing?

Rage

Forum Member
Reaction score
If Wade rides it, I think he will take the win.