Shimwells Yamaha 2018 YZ250X - R79 900.00

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
I just saw an add from Shimwells that the 2018 250X is selling for R79 900. 00- Really good price

boet747

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ya, what's up with this bike? Not many updates for 2018 but still a good prospective purchase at this price. Sitting on the bike on the showroom floor makes me want to buy it but I'm hesitant. I've seen all the reviews, some with subjective complaints like it's not competitive anymore, and other legit concerns over small fuel tank. Linear power delivery with more low end. Sound perfect. Don't mind kicking a dirt bike especially with lower compression and longer kick lever.

I read the GG thread and I'm sweet on the 250 GG but the price is out there for me at the moment.

Anyone got an opinion on the YZ?

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
At 80K there is nothing to touch it. You could spend 40k more on a new bike and not have suspension that comes even close to the YZ. Reliability? In a league of its own.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
At 80K there is nothing to touch it. You could spend 40k more on a new bike and not have suspension that comes even close to the YZ. Reliability? In a league of its own.
And there you have a perfect unbiased opinion:thumbs up:, from someone who would rather shit in his hands and clap than buy a 4T

boet747

Forum Member
Reaction score
I see you take some heat for being a blue fanboy. NTTAWWT. It's true, the YZ has a great reputation.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
NTTAWWT WTF does that mean, oh and bull will also have fuck all clue what it means either:icon_lol:

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Tested one again this holiday, our local enduro champion, William Oosthuizen's practice bike, so stock standard. He ended up 14th in gold roof in 2017, so it can obviously do tech and do it well. It is so light and nimble. It loves to go fast and it loves to corner. I was amazed at how quickly it picks up revs and how responsive it was. And yet it could also lug low down when paddling.

But that being said, you have to be an exceptional rider to make this bike work for you when doing heavy tech. It can do it, but there are better bikes for that. For anything else the 250X is still an amazing bike despite its age.