Smoking? Yea or Nay

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about kicking it again for a while, getting the mind right is half the battle and I'm nearly there but just need that extra little bit of something to ditch the cancer sticks.

Tried The Easy Way, it was pretty good. Tried patches but they just made me dream hectic.

Damn its difficult.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I've been thinking about kicking it again for a while, getting the mind right is half the battle and I'm nearly there but just need that extra little bit of something to ditch the cancer sticks.

Tried The Easy Way, it was pretty good. Tried patches but they just made me dream hectic.

Damn its difficult.

For you tying a shoelace is a challenge so I would not read to much into the perceived challenge.

Beast

Forum Member
Reaction score
Smoked for 20 years, I did not want to be "that old toppie" you see smoking and know that it's to late for him to give up!
Most important thing is to WANT to quit!
I used champix for 10 weeks and it worked for me.

Strongs!

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score

Damn its difficult.
I had a few considerations.
Life policy benefit sparked my descision.
Yes, early days and can relapse quickly.

Change your habits which you associated with smoking. That should dilute the desire to light one up. I moved a few things around in my work space and also realised that swambo shares a bed with me. She has had to deal with that for long enough.

Good luck, it is as easy as you want it to be. Or as difficult.

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
It stunts your growth. There, motivation done.

What stopped me is that my brother and I klapped a puch of boxer we stole from my dad using you magazine paper. We were shooting cats well into the next day (we were 10 and 9 respectively). Neither of us smoked anything that came from a packet since. If I catch my kids smoking I will make them smoke 2 boxes in front of me, that'll certainly cure 'em.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I only tried smoking once..... from the tender age of 11 till 25. :icon_twisted:
Seriously though, my honest opinion is that if you don't really want to give up, it's more difficult, so I reckon the fact that you do want to, will already make it slightly easier. I stopped in a rather unorthodox way by not smoking during the day and klapping my first skyf of the day at 16h30 after work. That was how I realized how adversely tobacco affects you. Then I decided to try plain Gunston Green, no mix, for a while. And after that I went cold turkey.

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
I only tried smoking once..... from the tender age of 11 till 25. :icon_twisted:
Seriously though, my honest opinion is that if you don't really want to give up, it's more difficult, so I reckon the fact that you do want to, will already make it slightly easier. I stopped in a rather unorthodox way by not smoking during the day and klapping my first skyf of the day at 16h30 after work. That was how I realized how adversely tobacco affects you. Then I decided to try plain Gunston Green, no mix, for a while. And after that I went cold turkey.
Rondkyk Rothmans. Still piss myself at that comment :icon_lol:

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
Mark250GP, food for thought - I have never been a dedicated/regular smoker, I do however have a weakness for smoking after a few beers, 2 or 3 cigarettes a session, this not only makes me feel like I have collapsed lungs the next day, but it also gives me an aggravated hangover.

I now smoke a Vaping device with zero Nicotine liquid when I drink and feel the urge to smoke on occasion. The difference is like night and day, you can breathe easily the next day like nothing happened, no ill effects, and no hangover.

I have a number of friends that have smoked for 15+ years and recently given up, and are smoking Vapes to curb the nicotine addiction as well as the physical need to inhale smoke... All of them have experienced a drastic improvement in overall health, no more smelly fingers and breath etc... - obviously smoking nothing is the best bet and im sure vaping has its hidden/undocumented risks, but not everybody can just give up cold Turkey.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I had a few considerations.
Life policy benefit sparked my descision.
Yes, early days and can relapse quickly.

Change your habits which you associated with smoking. That should dilute the desire to light one up. I moved a few things around in my work space and also realised that swambo shares a bed with me. She has had to deal with that for long enough.

Good luck, it is as easy as you want it to be. Or as difficult.
Why life policy? I have mine as a smoker. As I still smoke like once a week.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Mark250GP, food for thought - I have never been a dedicated/regular smoker, I do however have a weakness for smoking after a few beers, 2 or 3 cigarettes a session, this not only makes me feel like I have collapsed lungs the next day, but it also gives me an aggravated hangover.

I now smoke a Vaping device with zero Nicotine liquid when I drink and feel the urge to smoke on occasion. The difference is like night and day, you can breathe easily the next day like nothing happened, no ill effects, and no hangover.

I have a number of friends that have smoked for 15+ years and recently given up, and are smoking Vapes to curb the nicotine addiction as well as the physical need to inhale smoke... All of them have experienced a drastic improvement in overall health, no more smelly fingers and breath etc... - obviously smoking nothing is the best bet and im sure vaping has its hidden/undocumented risks, but not everybody can just give up cold Turkey.
Yep, some studies suggest its actually worse as the particles are even smaller and get in there properly. I tried it, did not like it as I felt kak afterwards and it looks damn odd to me. Especially the guys that set theirs up that they look like steam trains. Ha ha ha!!

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

Damn its difficult.
I haven't been a full time smoker for about 15 years now. Not sure why, but I just quit and picked up the habit of smoking only at social occasions. Which nowadays is like 2 - 3 times a week. But I give it a proper go. I would say like 20 at least in a session. I also stopped buying regular smokes and now opt for rolling my own. Big difference in how I feel the next day.

Maybe start off like that and see how it goes. I don't crave a smoke at all, until I think of drinking.................. Where's my tobacco!!! Ha ha ha!!

On the fitness side of things, it definitely plays a role. If you are already riding circles around guys in endure, you would be able to do so much more by cutting the smoking. Even a 2 week lay off makes a huge difference. For comps like sky run, jits comps etc. I lay off for 2 weeks, 3 if I have the willpower and the difference in my fitness and gas tank is huge!!

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
its also a patience thing, lungs don't just overnight recover after stopping smoking, its like 9 months or something before you will feel the real benefits from alung recovery perspective

Last edited:

louisvantonder

I r the winner!
Reaction score
Its simple Mark250GP.

Smoking is bad for you
Smoking is bad for your baby
Smoking is bad for anybody around you
Smokers smells bad
Smokers are inconsiderate to other people that arent smoking. (Its like folwing your pants and then driving the argument of: "Hey, its my pants, if you dont want to smell it dont come near me...")

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
Its simple Mark250GP.

Smoking is bad for you
Smoking is bad for your baby
Smoking is bad for anybody around you
Smokers smells bad
Smokers are inconsiderate to other people that arent smoking. (Its like folwing your pants and then driving the argument of: "Hey, its my pants, if you dont want to smell it dont come near me...")
So now strong feelings about this topic then?

louisvantonder

I r the winner!
Reaction score
So now strong feelings about this topic then?
That reminds me.

* Smokers just farking flick their cig butts EVERYWHERE!
(And yes, I am stereotyping. Of the 50 people I know that smoke my father in law is the ONLY one that takes care of his cig butts)

Last edited:

Blikkies1

Forum Member
Reaction score
http://www.allencarr.co.za/ Do it! Half price if you have Disco Vitality. I was smoking quite a bit for about 15 years - attended a half-day session three years ago, I walked out and never craved a cig again, it's some type of voodoo.
My biggest thing was that I still wanted to be able to have a dop which was a major trigger to chain-smoking and feeling kak the next few days, this helped with that too - I can sit in a smokey bar and not crave a puff or be a ****y ex smoker.
Don't go the vaping route, it's cleaner than cigs in all respects but in my mind more addictive and you'll return to the cigs if your battery dies or you run out of juice.

Last edited:

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
That reminds me.

* Smokers just farking flick their cig butts EVERYWHERE!
(And yes, I am stereotyping. Of the 50 people I know that smoke my father in law is the ONLY one that takes care of his cig butts)
OK, anything else you would like to add here?

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Smokers battle to pomp. And when I say pomp, I mean properly.