Smoking? Yea or Nay

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
Can you give a bit more info on the seminars? I went and read there a bit. They reckon they stop the addiction while you are still smoking??

It would be great if I could switch off the craving I get when drinking to smoke!! I will go easily a week or two without smoking and no cravings at all. But let me just crack a beer and its like 2 smokes a drink till Im done (hammered)
I guess you never saw your 3rd cigg? :icon_mrgreen:

I enjoyed a lekker Camel Activate. But a decent Camel Toe tastes better and I don't smell like an old ashtray. Smelling like fisherman's wharf is more fun....
But ya, early days. Keeping an eye on food types and portion sizes. Let's see how long I can hold out.
Anyone else keen to put a challenge out to yourself?

Bargain_Hunter

Reaction score
Sure.The guy chats about the negative health, financial and social impacts of smoking but at no point scares you or makes you feel like a chop. He explains why you get addicted and how the tobacco industry preys on you, he takes you back to that first puff and makes you think - if only you didn't.
All this makes you realise how illogical it is to smoke, it is quite a realisation once it's all set out in-front of you in a logical manner and you have time to really focus on it instead of idly thinking about it from time to time.
He encourages you to smoke during the seminar, at the end of the session he tells you to have your last smoke, this is when things get a little weird but what I think is the trick to it all - when you get back from your last smoke he instructs you to lay on the ground and he performs some form of audible relaxation technique which I think actually hypnotises you.
Once this is done you walk out and don't crave a smoke - that's why I said it's some type of voodoo, you just walk out and BANG - no more smoking. I went to the pub with my mates that afternoon and got vrot, not one smoke or craving.
He does say that he has like a 15% failure rate but it's worth a shot, worked for a couple of peeps at my office as well.
Saw my 2 BiL's die of lung cancer and emphysemia. Just that thought of hearing how they wheezed, could not speak but Nurse still lit up a smoke for them, in their hospital bed.
That is motivation enough to quit, I have no desire to go like that...

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Sure.The guy chats about the negative health, financial and social impacts of smoking but at no point scares you or makes you feel like a chop. He explains why you get addicted and how the tobacco industry preys on you, he takes you back to that first puff and makes you think - if only you didn't.
All this makes you realise how illogical it is to smoke, it is quite a realisation once it's all set out in-front of you in a logical manner and you have time to really focus on it instead of idly thinking about it from time to time.
He encourages you to smoke during the seminar, at the end of the session he tells you to have your last smoke, this is when things get a little weird but what I think is the trick to it all - when you get back from your last smoke he instructs you to lay on the ground and he performs some form of audible relaxation technique which I think actually hypnotises you.
Once this is done you walk out and don't crave a smoke - that's why I said it's some type of voodoo, you just walk out and BANG - no more smoking. I went to the pub with my mates that afternoon and got vrot, not one smoke or craving.
He does say that he has like a 15% failure rate but it's worth a shot, worked for a couple of peeps at my office as well.
I wouldn't need to smoke during the seminar or have the last smoke. But keen to try. If it switches off the craving to smoke when I drink, then its worth it. I am skeptical though.

Cost? There doesn't seem to be any info or dates on their site.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I guess you never saw your 3rd cigg? :icon_mrgreen:

I enjoyed a lekker Camel Activate. But a decent Camel Toe tastes better and I don't smell like an old ashtray. Smelling like fisherman's wharf is more fun....
But ya, early days. Keeping an eye on food types and portion sizes. Let's see how long I can hold out.
Anyone else keen to put a challenge out to yourself?
At the moment I enjoy things the way they are. I call it balanced. But I could be bullshitting myself.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Saw my 2 BiL's die of lung cancer and emphysemia. Just that thought of hearing how they wheezed, could not speak but Nurse still lit up a smoke for them, in their hospital bed.
That is motivation enough to quit, I have no desire to go like that...
That must be terrible!!

Blikkies1

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if it was on a 1 on 1 basis it would be a bit strange, the one I attended was with about 30 people so not that bad. There is an eBook option as well, my new gf quit with it a few months ago.
I tried patches, Nicorettes, Zyban and Champix before this and this worked for me.

Bargain_Hunter

Reaction score
At the moment I enjoy things the way they are. I call it balanced. But I could be bullshitting myself.
Ask your Life Assurance Broker what the diff's in cover is between smoker / non-smoker....

Mine is around R6mil difference..... Same premium....

Forget the other bs about health, saving, smell, sex drive etc.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Yeah, if it was on a 1 on 1 basis it would be a bit strange, the one I attended was with about 30 people so not that bad. There is an eBook option as well, my new gf quit with it a few months ago.
I tried patches, Nicorettes, Zyban and Champix before this and this worked for me.
Worth a stab as long as the price is not crazy!

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
The world has evolved and generally its the lower class sucking on fags.

Blikkies1

Forum Member
Reaction score
It's a while ago so don't remember exactly, I think it was R2.5k and Discovery paid half, give them a buzz.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Minimum 30 Camel Filters for 20 years. 13 May 2001, half way through a smoke, no pre-thought about it - tossed the butt out the window, gave the rest of the pack away, haven't touched one since. Easiest thing I ever did.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Ask your Life Assurance Broker what the diff's in cover is between smoker / non-smoker....

Mine is around R6mil difference..... Same premium....

Forget the other bs about health, saving, smell, sex drive etc.
Nah, minimal difference in instalments. Did the exercise a while back. Savings yes, but not huge as I roll my own, smell is ditto, the rolled actually smells quite lekker, sex drive, there's plenty, I pluk it at least twice a day!!