So who else demolishes toe caps?

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
So I know your supposed to stay on the pegs, but I'm not there yet and ride mostly rock, so tend to dab my boots out and whack things hard.

What have you guys come up with to make toe caps stay on?

My current muti is to glue the cap on with pratley wonda fix, screw it in, and then to apply a coating of wonda fix over the cap also. Lasts 2 - 4 rides.

Robster

At 250's sister's house
Reaction score
I saw some guys on FB using Rhino lining on the toe of the boot
doesn't look pretty but i'm sure it works

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
What boots you using? If they are Gaerne, get a new set of the SG-12 toe caps. Remove the old ones and clean the area thoroughly. Then, use some mirror adhesive from (get it from Builders) and put a thin layer inside the toe cap and where it attaches to the boot. Insert the screws and leave them for a day to cure.

Last edited:

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
They are sg12, but not standard soles. I use the gaerne caps that are generic, the sg12 ones don't fit the sole it's too thick. Will try that though.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I gave up trying eventually and got Astars Tech 7's. So far so good 50hrs in. Moulded toe still on there!!

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
I gave up trying eventually and got Astars Tech 7's. So far so good 50hrs in. Moulded toe still on there!!
me too bru ... and they are FARKING comfy.

by far the best boots i have owned. 2nd pair on route on monday

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Not bad... Will sukkel for a bit more till the next set

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
me too bru ... and they are FARKING comfy.

by far the best boots i have owned. 2nd pair on route on monday
I agree, very comfy!!

It took me quite a bit of time to used to the narrower nose and no stitched sole like I had on the Sidi as I used to use the side/lip of the sole to change gear and brake.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
you slimy greasy farking thief, do you wear a balaclava and take an AK with you when you go shopping ?

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

$-R was also just under 10 at that time

Truth be told, I helped him sell his bike for 8k more than he would've settled for so as a thank you he got them for me so they were free :icon_twisted:

I said I din't want anything, but my boots were totally farked so he bought me a present!!

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I think you two gents do a lot less toe cap bashing than us noobs!
I disagree, I'm a midget and would lose at least one toe cap every ride and I tried everything. Only thing that lasted was 3mm bolts with nylock nuts on them drilled right through the toe and sole

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
I disagree, I'm a midget and would lose at least one toe cap every ride and I tried everything. Only thing that lasted was 3mm bolts with nylock nuts on them drilled right through the toe and sole
NOW there's an idea....