So who is buying new bikes?

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
I'm not racing at the moment, my pension eaters private schooling is devouring all of my racing budget so my riding is purely social at the moment and not even much of that is happening :icon_e_wink: I still have the Beta though and it's still schweet :thumbs up:
:thumbs up: Just had to make sure you did not give up on riding enduros

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
Buff is so shit, even the KLX wont make him look bad :icon_twisted:

Only messing bud!! What did you get for the WR? Got a mate trying to offload one.

Buff

Forum Member
Reaction score
:icon_lol: I can't even deny it.

I got R60K for it which I was kinda happy with considering what 2nd dirt bikes go for. The oke that bought it scored a minter, that bike had all the bells & whistles and was spotless.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the same.
Reviving an old thread - but what the heck...

I have just done the same. Sold an almost new bike to free up cash to buy my son's bike. With the left over change I bought myself 2015 YZ250FX. I am loving the Yamaha to be honest....

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
There have been some serious bargains over the last few months. Guys will battle to sell a 1 or 2 year old bike without taking a HUGE knock.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Siddo what did you sell and for how much if you don't mind me asking?

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
There have been some serious bargains over the last few months. Guys will battle to sell a 1 or 2 year old bike without taking a HUGE knock.
Im holding on for a bargain 300tpi next year. But at the same time, those bargains are driving the selling price on my 2014 way down as well. But if Im not desperate to sell my old one I guess I should get decentish bucks for her.

RyanI

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ja, scares me actually. I bought a 2016 KTM300 new in June 2016 for R105k with all the extras. Saw one advertised the other day for R55000. Thats almost a 50% knock in 2 years.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Ja, scares me actually. I bought a 2016 KTM300 new in June 2016 for R105k with all the extras. Saw one advertised the other day for R55000. Thats almost a 50% knock in 2 years.
I would assume off road bikes are worse than cars in terms of value surely? An out the box car loses 30% the day you drive it out the showroom. That's why new cars dont appeal to me, besides the high price tag. In a bikes case its even less appealing as there is no warranty anyways.