The GAP Year

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
So this went for a ball of shit.......

:hijacked:
Sorry bru. I think if you sift it and strain it proper there is some wisdom in here. I for one stand by the scheme that some life experience will help any okie before he delves into studies/trades/careers etc.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I did my gap 6 months after I qualified

Didn't do much, just lazed about and sold shit and got pretty wasted most days! Once I'd sold everything I had I sold my car and bought a plane ticket to the U.K.

Went and met all the fandamily and after 7 years I was so sick of the dark I came back to SA!

Do wish I did the back packing thing for a year though. Now I'm too old and married for that milarckey

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
Buy a adventure bike.You live in riders heaven down there.
I would LOVE an adventure bike, but.............

I have a small problem of having to ride to the dirt on the tar. I hate riding on the road after a van did a u-turn in front of me and me and my GSXR1000 splatted into the side of him at 80km/h - this was also in the dark and rain :31:

I'm also worried about being taken out by the 'one life, live it' brigade on the dirt passes as I've nearly been taken out in my car a few times.

Oh and the wife said no :icon_lol:

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
I would LOVE an adventure bike, but.............

I have a small problem of having to ride to the dirt on the tar. I hate riding on the road after a van did a u-turn in front of me and me and my GSXR1000 splatted into the side of him at 80km/h - this was also in the dark and rain :31:

I'm also worried about being taken out by the 'one life, live it' brigade on the dirt passes as I've nearly been taken out in my car a few times.

Oh and the wife said no :icon_lol:
Stated in Ascending Order of Fear? Pissy