The Good Food and Braai Fred

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks amazing!!

Is the circular pattern from the bowl it sits in?
Ja, it's called a banneton. It is a wood wicker type proofing basket. It takes the moister away from your outer layer, making it much more manageable when you use high hydration doughs, helps it keep its shape and not flow flat as soon as you take it out the bowl you proofed it in.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I did some 250g bacon and halloumi burgers last night. First time I’ve braaied a burger and it was bloody delicious

ADC329F0-0CBC-4093-8381-0AE48D210068.jpeg

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I don’t mix anything into the mince or mess with it. I turn the mince out of the packet onto the counter and cut in half and then form the burgers into 2 nice rounds. Olive oil, salt, pepper and Mexican spice mix.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ja, it's called a banneton. It is a wood wicker type proofing basket. It takes the moister away from your outer layer, making it much more manageable when you use high hydration doughs, helps it keep its shape and not flow flat as soon as you take it out the bowl you proofed it in.
That’s cool!!!

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I don’t mix anything into the mince or mess with it. I turn the mince out of the packet onto the counter and cut in half and then form the burgers into 2 nice rounds. Olive oil, salt, pepper and Mexican spice mix.
You need a new Van der Merwe!