Tool "Peg" board

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Where and how to store your T-bars?

Mine just laying on the tool trolley at the moment but annoying as there is no order.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I have about 10-12 T-bars. Dont think my garage wall long enough as they not allowed to touch.

Otherwise a floating shelf "deep" enough and slot it for them to all fit sideways instead of long ways

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Something like this?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51VbHgLPSgL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Or
https://www.forcetools-kepmar.eu/WebRoot/StoreNL/Shops/457210838/5662/0325/8093/23B8/4117/C0A8/2BBC/A5CE/10210H4.jpg

I used to have the fixed T bars and had the same problem as you. Got insulation tape to differentiate between them faster, but was still a mess to keep organized as they didn't fit anywhere convenient. Ended up misplacing them ages ago so had to buy new. Currently have a modular setup - normal T-bar(s) with the sockets separate. One smallish 1/4" T-bar which works nice for general bike stuff and then two decently sized 1/4" T-bars for things that need leverage or length to reach.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Wont work, need to hang them under a shelf so cant pull them out like that

- - - Updated - - -

Need a specific size, where can I find it
Bou n bracket om hom steeds onder die shelf vas te bout.

Still need to find someone with a 3d printer so I can start making all sorts of organisers for the tool trolley and garage

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Buy a 1/4inch drive socket set, takes up half the space, keeps all the sizes in order and believe it or not you don't need T-Bars for motorbikes.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
But I have them now. I bought a short set from Tusk, I have a longer 8 from Ampro and they worked excellent.

But i picked up a tool trolley in Dec and it has its own mix and match set.

think a work bench thread is needed here.

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
Buy a 1/4inch drive socket set, takes up half the space, keeps all the sizes in order and believe it or not you don't need T-Bars for motorbikes.
'
PLUS 1
A decent 1/4 inch set works the bomb. T bars obviously for T man...

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
But I have them now. I bought a short set from Tusk, I have a longer 8 from Ampro and they worked excellent.

But i picked up a tool trolley in Dec and it has its own mix and match set.

think a work bench thread is needed here.
:thumbs up:

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
My mate is a t-bar fanatic, I’m more of a socket set guy.

He tried loosening SWAMBO’s old CRF’s subframe bolts with a t-bar once when we were pulling the carb off and did his back in:icon_lol:

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
Where can I get a custom size one made similar to the below?

I have something like this in stainless steel polished pegboard and profiled aluminium frame. Pegboard has mirror finish, so you can see your bike while fetching spanners.
Was designed for store display and dick Client never took it. It's in storage, will be dusty.
Could possibly be modded for tool ( no, not a quadbiker ) trolley / pegboard paraanal types.
About 1m wide, 2,4 high. On wheels. May still have the galvanised pegs, lying around.
whatsapp me for a pic and actual sizes.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score

just use a hardboard pin board make a timber frame ar the back , then push the right size pop rivets into the holes so the sit nice and snug

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what you lot are messing about at. Just buy a Snap-On roll can and top box

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
:3some: Let me guess. R100 000 for the trolley and chest stocked?
A bit more now, 100k was 10 years ago. That’s also a limited edition box. Only one in SA.

Luckily I bought it over the 7 years I was in the UK. Box and roll cab cost me 3500 pound in 2002.