Wanted - WP OC Forks

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Surely they are essentially the same shock?
Nope, WP developed a lot on the the PDS shock. I always say, never underestimate a well setup PDS Shock. KTM didn't stick with these shocks over years for no reason...

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Nope, WP developed a lot on the the PDS shock. I always say, never underestimate a well setup PDS Shock. KTM didn't stick with these shocks over years for no reason...
My take is that the bean counters decide. Bikes made in India, no aluminium frames etc etc. KTM has the expertise to make better bikes but the business plan says if the sheep are happy to pay premium prices for mediocrity they will happily oblige. Cheers, see you all later.

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Team SBR

Wont find a lot of guys on this forum who has personal experience with all the above setups. Quite interesting

My ass has been itching for a while now to spend some money on my suspension but just cant get myself to dish out R20k for a fork rebuild that comes standard on some bikes. Its a moral thing :icon_lol:
I have to agree, look at the new 2019 Sherco Factory range bikes. They have a high end Kayaba setup installed as stock! (Talk about having the "Unfair Advantage" buying a new bike and no need to spend any $$$ on a GREAT high-end suspension.)

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
I have to agree, look at the new 2019 Sherco Factory range bikes. They have a high end Kayaba setup installed as stock! (Talk about having the "Unfair Advantage" buying a new bike and no need to spend any $$$ on a GREAT high-end suspension.)
I have heard rumours that the KYBs on the shercos are not the SSS forks. Cant seem to find any proof of what KYB forks are on them, also not familiar with the different type of KYB forks.

Anyone with some input on which KYBs the Shercos come with and can maybe educate me on the different types of KYBs?

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have heard rumours that the KYBs on the shercos are not the SSS forks. Cant seem to find any proof of what KYB forks are on them, also not familiar with the different type of KYB forks.

Anyone with some input on which KYBs the Shercos come with and can maybe educate me on the different types of KYBs?
I will ask around and revert back. But in the Sherco documentation the KYB's are listed next to WP ConeValves as Factory suspension options.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I will ask around and revert back. But in the Sherco documentation the KYB's are listed next to WP ConeValves as Factory suspension options.
I'd be interested to read the response. Also read somewhere that it's not the SSS forks.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sherco currently seems the best choice for 2 strokes in the SA market for enduro. Great suspension and keihin carb!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is just a different name for the same forks? Like I think it was Kawasaki if I am not to much mistaken, used Kayaba "AOSS" forks and Yamaha uses "SSS" but internally, bar valving specs, they are the same forks, just with different names

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Guys hold on to your keyboards!

It was just confirmed to me by the local Sherco Team Manager via the Sherco Europe Factory Mechanic for Wade that these are in fact Factory KYB and not standard SSS.
These KYB's has Gold Valving etc in and are the equivalent to Factory WP Cone Valves.

This info for me has just put these Sherco's over the top in terms of the competition and pricing against other EU brands.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score

It was just confirmed to me by the local Sherco Team Manager via the Sherco Europe Factory Mechanic for Wade that these are in fact Factory KYB and not standard SSS.
These KYB's has Gold Valving etc in and are the equivalent to Factory WP Cone Valves.

This info for me has just put these Sherco's over the top in terms of the competition and pricing against other EU brands.
Now the price of R127000 makes sense lol

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
If you plan to rush to a Sherco shop close to you now, beware that you could be disappointed. Seems that these Factory models are selling like hot cakes in S.A. and Sherco S.A. has already surpassed their Sherco Factory allocated quota numbers for the year in these models and struggling to get more allocated to S.A.
Another (possibly the last for 2019 Factory models) container is on it's way and more than half of them have already been pre-ordered / sold...

Sh!t, I am actually considering one myself now over a new YZ450FX I have been pondering over the past month. (I love my Yammies, but then again. You could consider a Facotry Sherco as a EU Factory "Yamaseco" I suppose...:icon_lol:)

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score

:icon_eek:

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
A new stock standard KTM 300 XCW is R121000....
Yep exactly so for R6000 more you getting a better deal getting the Sherco. That's why I say it now makes sense due to the suspension you mentioned[emoji108]

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with wp closed cartridge forks.
Imho when setup correctly they 're just as good as kyb sss. I have both and am currently indifferent between the 2. The wp need cartridge seal replacement basically every service and not many guys do this. Big downside of the kyb is the damper rod wear which I've seen on probably 90% of the kyb forks I have had open, they should chrome that damper rod, like the ohlins which lasts for ever.

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yep exactly so for R6000 more you getting a better deal getting the Sherco. That's why I say it now makes sense due to the suspension you mentioned[emoji108]

If you haven't owned a sherco it's a big assumption that it's a better deal based on suspension alone

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with wp closed cartridge forks.
Imho when setup correctly they 're just as good as kyb sss. I have both and am currently indifferent between the 2. The wp need cartridge seal replacement basically every service and not many guys do this. Big downside of the kyb is the damper rod wear which I've seen on probably 90% of the kyb forks I have had open, they should chrome that damper rod, like the ohlins which lasts for ever.
Agreed the key is the set up and Wp parts prices are reasonable compared to other.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk